What's new

Big Brother 6 - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Winner of POV is:

James - not sure what the POV competition was, though. James will take himself off the block, and leave Sarah on it. Howie will then make a replacement nomination... Update - Howie put up Ivette in James's place.

According to the livefeeds, some crazy discussions went down last night into the wee hours:

Somehow April has convinced herself that James and Ivette are the true secret pair, and Sarah is just a tag-along. April is bringing up crazy observational "evidence" to support her case. Howie offers to put Ivette on the block and backdoor her with April and Jennifer's votes on Wednesday. April is scared to tell Maggie about this new backdoor plan. The prevailing "wisdom" is that James and Sarah are a known quantity, while Ivette is a covert wild card.

If this were to happen, I would love to see the face of the evictee during the live eviction on Thursday. That would be just dandy. But I doubt it'll happen.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
No way...he may not be the brightest guy, but he's not even the dumbest one in that house. Ivette definitely takes that prize. And I'd even say April is far dumber than Howie.

And while it seems bad that somehow these POV's are rigged to have James win it every friggin week, I don't see why putting up James/Sarah was such a bad idea. At least putting them up you don't really piss anyone off other than James and Sarah. Put anyone else up, and you might piss off 4-5 other people. And as we know, things change drastically in that house by the minute, so why not go the safe route? In the event that James wins POV (which I'm sure CBS will make sure that happens), Howie can then put up Ivette or April.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Howie's not looking nearly as stupid as a couple of others right about now.

Howie could have lost one of the other team's players, never exposed doubts of James and Sarah, without a veto. With a veto, he could express his concerns and walk James out the door.

He was told by BB there "may not be veto winner" on multiple occasions, it still wasn't justification to blow the cover before he had to on James.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still can't believe how stupid the POV players (besides James) were during the POV contest. That was inexcusable. They let James back in the game, they are to blame for his continued survival in the game.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It was hilarious, the house wanted so badly to boot James and then they just said "hear ya go" and gave him the power to stay! I guess Howie hasn't yet reached the stage of his Jedi training that deals with seeing the future, and his Lightsaber skills could use some work too, did you see how he was just whacking away at that piniata(sp)? :laugh:

James sort of won my sympathy tonight, as much as I don't care for him he did finally show some true emotion towards Sarah, plus I just like rooting for the underdog.

Besides, ANYTHING that causes grief for Ivette i'm all for, and this did not make her happy (snickers evily to myself). :laugh:

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
James has been the biggest liar in the house from day one. Then the houseguests playing the POV competition were so stupid. Unbelievable

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Even they know how stupid they were.

Well, if Ivette stays at least we can look forward to her being tortured everyday by Kaysar's return. Muwahahahaha!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, either this is the dumbest bunch of BB contestants yet or CBS is cleverly editing the footage to make it appear that way. In any event, whether they are stupid or not, they are coming off to me as being the most immature group yet. It's one thing to lie, cheat and steal. That's part of the game (remember Rupert stealing the other team's stuff the first week of his Survivor year? :emoji_thumbsup: ). But whining and crying and other such behavior gives away the fact that there's a lot of growing up to do in this house.

They all hate James but he's just playing the game. Unfortunately he hasn't been skillful enough in his lying. Howie is an enigma to me. Boasting about how great he looks and how great he is, and all the rest (like wearing his hat sideways) gives the impression that he is a buffoon. But maybe I'm not giving him enough credit. This could be an act on his part in which case he is doing a great job. After all, Rachel is his "partner" and I consider her to be one of the more intelligent players in the house. She has a bit more maturity than most of the others and I would think that she wouldn't be friends with such an idiot. (Unless Howie's really Rachel's son!)

:laugh: :laugh:

The bottom line - this has been one of the more enjoyable BB seasons for me with lots of characters and plot twists. With the resurrection of a player on Thursday it promises to get even more interesting.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I still can't believe how stupid the POV players (besides James) were during the POV contest.

Yeah, how hard is it to figure out that if "everybody" wants him out, they should have all given him the most votes allowed in the game.

I was LMAO when they counted his candy & will be again if Ivette gets evicted.

Am I the only one that likes James?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Any news from anyone who watches the live feeds over what the house feeling is about Ivette? Will she go?

And is Kaysar still the most popular?

(I'm on dialup and CBS' site is so slow, I can't even access the BB page).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The problem with being a sneaky lying weasel is that if everyone knows it, you'll turn into Allison II and be the person everyone wants to be next to in the final vote, there's virtually no way for James to win 1st place given the eventual makeup of the jury at the end based on the animosity he's created.

I don't have a problem with being sneaky or deceitful inside the BB house, it's a game that pretty much fosters such traits, but it's all within the context of the game to keep yourself safe week-by-week. I'd hate for under-the-radar folks, like Beau and Jennifer to find their way to the final two.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Actually, being under the radar is a tactic that has worked successfully in most reality shows up to a point. The more "unique" players there are, the easier it is to stay out of the spotlight until the numbers dwindle. Beau and Jennifer are playing this just right for now and they remain in the shadows as others are placed in the limelight. They might not be your favorites, but they have chosen a strategy that is working right now.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter

Isn't it funny how each year the houseguests get so bent out of shape about others lying even though everyone does it because it's practically a requirement for playing? If a houseguest is even remotely familiar with the show, it shouldn't come as a surprise. Just goes to show how hardwired we are to loathe lying, even in the context of a show in which that's pretty much the point.

I think weeks could go by without footage of Beau and Jennifer and no one would notice. They're such non-factors, although maybe Jennifer can help remove Ivette tomorrow night. Hopefully Maggie will follow. The houseguests are constantly saying that so-and-so is a strong player, but in the end, the "strongest" players tend to be those who lay low. Being called out as strong usually makes you weak. It's not like exceptional physical or mental ability is an automatic ticket to surviving. James has stuck around the last couple weeks due to the idiocy of the others more than his skills.

I can't say that I like James--he doesn't seem to have a sense of humor about it at all--but I don't think he deserved the charges of playing dirty. And what is playing dirty in a game that is, for all intents and purposes, predicated on such gameplay?

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
All I'll say about the veto people. Stooopid.

Re: Howie. I too thought he might be putting up a front but after he spilled the beans to April (or was it Maggie?) and making a deal with Maggie, I don't think he has the smarts to get to the end w/o Rachel's help. He should have just listened and said nothing. However, he is highly amusing though and would hate to see him leave. He's still a Padawan learner....:laugh:

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Jennifer is on the radar. She made several major mistakes these past few days. Beau is not even in the house at this point. ;)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I think complaining about people "lying" on these shows is like being upset at someone bluffing while playing poker. It is a game, not an honesty challenge.

> Beau and Jennifer are playing this just right for now and they remain in the shadows as others are placed in the limelight. They might not be your favorites, but they have chosen a strategy that is working right now.

Are they really playing? Do they really have a strategy? I don't know, but they are acting just like people would who were just there in the house, not really playing, like they were on vacation.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

True, but it could be argued that this is, in and of itself, a strategy. Sit back and watch the others take center stage. Of course, both Beau and Jennifer might just be sitting back with no real plan and at this point it might be working in their favor.

Others have mentioned that Jennifer is beginning to come out of her shell and this might not be a good thing for her. And I would also think that Beau would become more involved if his "partner" Ivette gets the axe on Thursday. One thing for sure - playing possum only works when there is a large group in the house. When the size of the roundtable becomes smaller, as it inevitably will, it becomes harder to hide and the tables usually turn (pun intended).

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks