Best Speaker Cable?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Gareth, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Gareth

Gareth Stunt Coordinator

Alright, I've played with quite a bit of speaker cable and I'd be interested to hear back from the group about what you think is the best for an HT system.

I currently use Liberty THX certified 12 gauge 2 conductor from onecall.com. I also have some Monster Z3 cable in the mix, and I cannot hear the difference between the two.

I saw that bettercables is now making speaker cable, and I also saw some silver speaker cable at homegrownaudio.com. Has anyone had any experienced these two cables, and what were your impressions of them?

Thanks,
    Gareth

ADA MPA-500 5 channel amplifier
    ADA MPA-2501 2 channel amplifier
    7 NHT M6 speakers
    Integra Home Theater 9.4 Processor
    various other sources

2. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

I have Kimber Kable for my HT and have had them for 7 years running and Im still happy w/them.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Silver has approximately 6% greater conductivity compared to copper, an 'advantage' that is negated by going up 1 gauge on the copper.

4. Jan H

Jan H Cinematographer

I use DH Labs Q-10 cables in my system (I also use 11 Homegrown Silver Lace IC's) and for the money, I haven't heard better. But the best? Nordost Valhalla, hands down. Granted, they'll run you the price of a car, but you asked for the best. [​IMG]