What's new

Best Speaker Cable? (1 Viewer)

Gareth

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, I've played with quite a bit of speaker cable and I'd be interested to hear back from the group about what you think is the best for an HT system.

I currently use Liberty THX certified 12 gauge 2 conductor from onecall.com. I also have some Monster Z3 cable in the mix, and I cannot hear the difference between the two.

I saw that bettercables is now making speaker cable, and I also saw some silver speaker cable at homegrownaudio.com. Has anyone had any experienced these two cables, and what were your impressions of them?

Thanks,
Gareth

ADA MPA-500 5 channel amplifier
ADA MPA-2501 2 channel amplifier
7 NHT M6 speakers
Integra Home Theater 9.4 Processor
various other sources

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I have Kimber Kable for my HT and have had them for 7 years running and Im still happy w/them.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Silver has approximately 6% greater conductivity compared to copper, an 'advantage' that is negated by going up 1 gauge on the copper.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I use DH Labs Q-10 cables in my system (I also use 11 Homegrown Silver Lace IC's) and for the money, I haven't heard better. But the best? Nordost Valhalla, hands down. Granted, they'll run you the price of a car, but you asked for the best. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks