What's new

Best Sonosub for the $$$ (1 Viewer)

Jasons_B

Auditioning
yeah, i wish it were a real sonotube though :frowning: i am trying to contact the creater to get instructions etc, prob might be me using a 12 inch woofer (what is the size of this SVS woofer anyways?) in a 15 inch woofer inclosure.
ok. so, when i actually make the sonotube, which is your favorite one? i will still make a sonotube, but there are just so many options :)
thanks!

Jasons_B

Auditioning
i am going to make the box sub, the one at the very top of this thread.

then i am going to make a sonotube sub later on.

if i can use the SVS i can get for next to nothing in any of the subs, that would be ideal. if not, than i will just go out and buy the woofer.

understand???

Michael R Price

Screenwriter

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Yep, now I do. But how anyone was supposed to figure that out from your previous posts in this thread I'm not sure.

If you can get your hands on an original SVS driver I'd take a look at Patrick Sun's SBS (Sun Box Sub) page. As usual he does an excellent job, in this case outlining making a box sub with the SVS driver.

Then we'll hear from you again I guess when you are ready to build the sonosub.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jason,
Just for clarification (maybe we're too far gone for that), the SVS driver is the original SVS, not the Plus series woofer. It is a 12" unit. The Tempest is a 15" driver.
I'll stop now before I confuse myself! :)
Brian

Alexis

Stunt Coordinator
I put an SVS driver into a 12x48 sonotube, stuffed and sealed. This design makes it very easy to build, with very little cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks