What's new

Whats better for me? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Patterson

Stunt Coordinator
Ok well i want a new sub i cant decide between ib or sonosub for ib i would be using a single dayton 15 ib sub and for the sono i would use a shiva for now i would use a 80W amp till i can get a 250W amp i would like to know what would give me more out put and a better sound for ib i would prolly be upgrading to another dayton in the future and the shiva would be vented in the best wnclosure for movies and music i listen to music and watch movies 50/50 and i listen to hip hot alt rock and jazz whitch setup would be better for me? oh and will i need an eq for the ib?
Thanks Kevin

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
All subs need EQ.

A 15" IB mounted driver will be superior to a 12" tubesub.

How big is the room?

And yes taking the time to create actual sentences, makes life easier for those trying to read and respond to your post.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
The room is really too big for a single 12" tube sub, especially if you want to reach reference levels for HT.

If you're going the IB route I suggest a 18" cube that can hold 4-15's. Start with a pair, then add more later if needed/wanted.

I went the IB route and did as ThomasW suggested. I have 2 Dayton IB's (with room for 2 more) with the 250W plate amp and was surprised at the sound after I hooked it up. It was just so much more than I expected for a room that is 15' x 23'.

I haven't calibrated it yet but I will get to that someday. I've even been toying with the idea of adding the other 2 subs, you can never have too much bass.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks