What's new

Stryke Sonosub Advice Needed (1 Viewer)

Jake K

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
I have a Stryke AV15 on pre-order and I have 8 weeks or so to build the sonotube enclosure. I've been using WinISD to design it, but I want to make sure I am going for the best design so I get good results. I was thinking about the following design...

Stryke AV15 driver
17hz tune
310L / 10.95SF
H 42"
D 24"
three 3" ports at the top
Port Length 15.5"
Apex Senior Sub amp in a seperate enclosure

How's that look, I could go with a taller enclosure. Increasing the internal volume would make a bump at around 20hz, is that really a bad thing, I wouldn't think so for movies but I want this sub to be good for movies as well as music. I want to really feel the bass when watching movies, but not have it be boomy at all, I hate that. I also want the bass to be fairly tight for music.

Also for the ports I found those precision flared ports at Parts Express, are they worth the extra money and do they really increase output by 3db? if anyone knows. What would blocking one of the ports do?

I am assuming the Apex Senior amp will be plenty of power at 350 watts. What would be involved in adding a switch to turn the bass boost on or off? I can solder just fine. I am going with the plate amp because it has all the extra controls, and it has more power for less money. One more question is would I be able to run all of my speakers full range while using the LFE channel on my HK AVR125 to the amp, then use the crossover on the amp to lower the crossover point. I want to do this because it is stuck at 100hz on the reciever, and I will be getting full range capable speakers so I thought that would work to lower that point to 70hz or so.

Whew!! I hope that's not too much. Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer!

Jake K.

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
IMHO, too big. You run into a few different issues (SQ, power handling, SPL, etc). Try that sono but at 30" long. Use 2 x 4" ports 20" long. If that Apex Senior amp has a non defeatable boost circuit I would forget it. A PE-250 w/ no boost will work fine in the above alignment although more head room is always nice. Go for a Rythmik instead.

Jake K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info, that would make a great end table at that height. I had just discovered the Rythmik amps yesterday and am going with one of those.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
dual 4 in ports tined to 17 hz in a 350l box is sweet i have a dual setup 700l box 4 4in flaired ports tned to 17 hz with 1000 wats rms it is 2 sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks