What's new

Best HTPC vs best DVD? (1 Viewer)

Karlf

Auditioning
I am planning on purchasing a Mitsubishi 73713, and I want the best possible picture. Would a top quality HTPC be better than a high end DVD (Dennon 5900, Faroudja, Krell, etc.). I will also be watching Directv.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Do the players have an internal scaler and a digital video output? Wouldn't hurt to try out both, especially if you have an idea of how to set an HTPC up. If you don't want to fool with it I'd get the Krell. ;)

Karlf

Auditioning
I would buy a preconfigured HTPC if I went that route. Hopefully I could order it optimized for my display.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I was just looking over the specs for the Denon 5900, what a solid piece of equipment! HDCP DVI out supporting DCDi and scaling to 720p and 1080i. Do you know the native resolution of the Mitsu? I'm assuming it's an RPTV.

Paul_Ptaaty

Stunt Coordinator
Something like the 5900 will give you the best possible consistant picture.

As far as I know all HTPC DVD programs are flag readers, and if a dvd is improperly flagged will produce artifacts for those scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks