What's new

Best Black Friday Deals 2019 (1 Viewer)

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The smell of turkey roasting in the oven can mean only one thing – the big Black Friday sales have arrived! Home Theater Forum has perused some of the top retailers’ best deals, including Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and Costco. Bear in mind that most retailers suspend any price-matching policies from Thursday, November 28 thru Monday, December 2, 2019. Also, many doorbusters are one-off manufacturing runs that can be exclusive to that particular retailer.
Best Buy and Target open their doors on Thursday, November 28 at 5:00pm.
Walmart’s Black Friday sale begins online on Wednesday, November 27 at 10:00pm ET, in-store on Thursday, November 28 at 6:00pm.
Costco opens on Friday, November 29 at 9:00am, although hours may vary by location.
Televisions
Many television manufacturers like Samsung, LG, Sony, and Vizio have made agreements with their retail partners to sell their products at the same price (within a few dollars), so it is up to you to choose which retailer you prefer...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Best Buy Deal of the Day - 11/27/2019
Hisense 75" R7E Series 4K UHD TV with Roku TV and HDR10 - $649.99 (reg. $899.99)
Hisense-75.jpg

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Klipsch Reference line speakers are 50% off directly from Klipsch and from Amazon. I ordered 2 towers with dual 6 inch woofers for $200 each regularly $400 each. I already had the center and bookshelfs from the same line.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Morphie wireless charger at Amazon for $20.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B075M4ZH17/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
More stuff is showing up on Amazon. I got Handmaid’s Tale S2 BR for $10. Passengers 4K for $13 (I think it’s an awesome movie) and Braveheart 4K for $13 and change, which isn’t an outrageous deal, but I haven’t seen it in years, and only ever on DVD.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Last edited:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Klipsch Reference line speakers are 50% off directly from Klipsch and from Amazon. I ordered 2 towers with dual 6 inch woofers for $200 each regularly $400 each. I already had the center and bookshelfs from the same line.
This sale has extended to Best Buy and other retailers, as well!

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
View attachment 65545

Hulu Black Friday Deal: 12 months of as-supported Hulu for $1.99/month. New subscribers and eligible returning members only.

Anyone who hasn’t had Hulu in the past can sign up for the Black Friday promo. If you’ve had Hulu before but your account has been canceled for 12+ months, you can sign up again and redeem this offer. Offer cannot be combined with other offers, such as Disney+ bundles or mobile phone plans.

Offer ends December 2, 2019.
I wish they had a similar deal for the non-ad version, I'd jump on that.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
More stuff is showing up on Amazon. I got Handmaid’s Tale S2 BR for $10. Passengers 4K for $13 (I think it’s an awesome movie) and Braveheart 4K for $13 and change, which isn’t an outrageous deal, but I haven’t seen it in years, and only ever on DVD.
Is there a quick way to find these deals. I haven't seen much on blu rays.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Not really. I started by looking at movies that I knew were on sale, generally price matched from BB, and then below them it kept linking to other stuff that's quietly on sale.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Each year, I go on the various retailers' sites at the appointed time, and the sale is usually its own category.

For the ones that are sold out before I can buy them, I set price alerts for Amazon using camelcamelcamel. Once Amazon price matches, I get an email alert and buy them.

Last edited:

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Yesterday the only place I found the shining 4k for 12.99 was best buy and it was sold out.

After reading your post I just checked Amazon and it was down to 12.99 but says it will ship in 1 to 2 months.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

For most of the BD and 4K disc deals, I (and many others?) used the shared Google spreadsheet (for advertised deals) referenced at the following post:

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/co...ay-and-uhd-blu-ray-deals.364378/#post-4800139

And then, I periodically checked the following for Amazon (as I usually do):

https://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?category=bluray

They actually used to have an Amazon tracker that sent email alerts based on titles you want (at whatever price threshold you choose), but was scrapped over a year ago.

I also typically leave a bunch of interested titles in my Amazon shopping cart for Amazon alerts (upon checking cart), but seemed Amazon may have disabled(?) alerting for BD/4K titles during the BF period -- not sure if alerting still functioned for all other item categories, but it was definitely not for BD/4K titles (for me anyway). Seemed a tad sneaky of them...

Anyway, Amazon did lag quite a bit w/ its PM of Best Buy, Walmart, Target, et al though I did end up ordering mostly from them w/ a little strategic patience (to take advantage of an Amex 20% extra discount offer plus the usual no-rush digital deal for Prime users)...

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
During the holiday sales, I picked up a pair of Tozo T6 true wireless earbuds for about $60. They sound excellent, and the case can also be charged wirelessly. These were about $40 cheaper than the Samsung earbuds, $130 cheaper than the Jabra 75t's (the 65t's were on sale for $100, but cannot be charged wirelessly), and $180 cheaper than the new Apple buds.

Last edited:

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
You can set up price alert emails for Amazon with camelcamelcamel.com. You set the alert price.

Due to last year and missing a couple of titles I wanted due to Amazon's random nature of price matching and putting many titles up as Lightning Deals I had zero patience with them this year.

I woke up ~3am Thanksgiving, checked my BB cart to see everything I wanted from them was on sale and available. Order placed. Checked Target but theirs wasn't live. In 5 minutes I was done and back to sleep.

Checked Target when I got up, ordered a couple from them, saw Amazon had actually PMd them so cancelled Target and ordered from Amazon for the digital credits. Too late to stop the BB order, most of which Amazon had PMd by then, so it'll be the one as I'm not messing around with returns just to get a few digital credits as the payoff.

All the other gift items I wanted to order were cheaper elsewhere (i.e. not at Amazon) so I got that all done by noon. It was quite refreshing to not be checking for Amazon LDs all day.

I did take advantage of a Discover Card 20% off promo ($250 order/$50 promo off max) to pick up a few things cheaper at Amazon or where they did a PM to WM or Target. That's the least I've spent at Amazon in several years.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Not sure where to put this, but Cybermonday deals from Amazon actually seem to be real deals for a change and not just random price matches of other sites.

Mission Impossible 4K 6 movie is back to 37.99 -- I know a lot of people missed this when it up for a short period earlier.
Jack Ryan 4K 5 film is $31+ which is several dollars lower than it was a few days ago.

Also a couple Lightning Deals on Cohen BD that were never in stock at the same time (or V2 never ) in B&N recent 50% off month long sale/
Buster Keaton V1, V2 were/are 12.99 each and V3 is upcoming later. V1 is in the last minutes of the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks