What's new

2019 Black Friday blu ray and UHd Blu ray deals (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
BTW, how many titles do you folks tend to buy in these sales? I’m at 15, and I feel like I should be flogged.
I got 10 at my local Walmart tonight, and ordered 7 from Best Buy online earlier today. Probably my smallest haul in years.

BTW, if anyone is looking for Bohemian Rhapsody at their local Walmart, the 4K/blu combo seems to be cheaper than the regular blu pack. The 4K is $7.96, the blu is tagged for $9.96 (though I didn't scan the blu to double-check if it was tagged incorrectly).

Still quite a selection of BF media at my Walmart, though a good share of it was DVD.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I bought at least 12 4K last year.
Today I bought three at Walmart.
It’s a wonderful life 4K. $6
Hurricane heist 4K $8
It! 4K $8

Plus a handful of digital,copies from iTunes and from private peeps.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Just a heads up, it seems as if Walmart is selling versions of some of the movies sans codes and/or discs but if you can find the version with them it won’t be marked at the sale price but seems to ring up at it.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up, it seems as if Walmart is selling versions of some of the movies sans codes and/or discs but if you can find the version with them it won’t be marked at the sale price but seems to ring up at it.

Not out of the norm for WM to have special copies missing digital and/or DVD copies. Most peoepl who have scanned the receipt into
Instawatch/Walmart/VUDU have found the digital codes added to their account at least

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I bought 3 from Amazon today, MISSING LINK BD, FANTASTIC BEASTS BD and the other FANTASTIC UHD...total $15, not too bad. Oh, I did get the FRIDAY THE 13TH 8 MOVIE COLLECTION (I only had the first one) and X-MEN-DARK PHOENIX BD yesterday.

Ordered today MEN IN BLACK: INTERNATIONAL and ALIEN 4K 40th Anniversary.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I’ve got a bit of buyer’s remorse. I was already feeling like I bought too many movies and then the wife mentioned we don’t have enough storage for all the discs we already have. This doesn’t even take into account the short supply of time to watch them. I’ll be returning some in the coming days.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I bought at least 12 4K last year.
Today I bought three at Walmart.
It’s a wonderful life 4K. $6
Hurricane heist 4K $8
It! 4K $8

Plus a handful of digital,copies from iTunes and from private peeps.

great price on it’s a wonderful life! I picked up that one from target a while back in a buy 2 get 1 free sale...

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I’ve got a bit of buyer’s remorse. I was already feeling like I bought too many movies and then the wife mentioned we don’t have enough storage for all the discs we already have. This doesn’t even take into account the short supply of time to watch them. I’ll be returning some in the coming days.
That's why I have become more selective on what I buy this time of year, and also why I am buying more films via a streaming service (usually iTunes). I have more material to watch than time, and shelf space is becoming constrained.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I managed to snag 2 copies of Endgame 4K at Walmart for $8, surprised it was still there, but I walked in at 5:57pm and only had to wait 3 minutes before they let us plow thru the displays.. Bought a lot of the on sale 4K titles because they don’t go on sale much over the course of the year, so I was more aggressive in my purchases. I treat it like Rumspringa and go nuts on Black Thursday when they are on sale, and then slide back to the sidelines for the rest of the year.

I managed to find a copy of Apocalypse Now 4k at Best Buy, along with The Shining 4K, Alien 4K, Glass 4K. Also only had to wait 5 minutes in the BB checkout line this year, when it usually takes much longer in the past. Also picked up online BB orders for The Big Lebowski 4K and The Martian 4K.

It was nice to snag more 4K titles online earlier on Black Thursday, relieves the stress of not having to be there later in the day, but I ended up paying a little extra at BB online due to not rolling the dice for the Walmart 4K offerings, since they don’t stock much of them. It was a good haul, nonetheless.

Since the deals for Disney 4K titles were few and far between, ordered 3 of them from Target online: Toy Story 4, Lion King, and The Incredibles 2.

Maybe ordered a handful of 4K titles from Amazon because they were lagging on price matching other vendors this year. Pretty weak effort by Amazon.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Best Buy is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on Steelbooks today only. Excludes pre-orders. Good way to catch up on Marvel/Disney titles. 4k Iron Man 1-3 for $43.98 + tax

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
You think Amazon will have the Burton Batman movies discounted? I'm not paying $92 for all four. I did see that Batman Returns 4k has a "buy 2 for $30" but the only other Batman movie in that deal is Batman Forever. I wouldn't mind getting both for that price but would hate to miss out on another deal they might have.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
You think Amazon will have the Burton Batman movies discounted? I'm not paying $92 for all four. I did see that Batman Returns 4k has a "buy 2 for $30" but the only other Batman movie in that deal is Batman Forever. I wouldn't mind getting both for that price but would hate to miss out on another deal they might have.

I picked up the set in September. It’s fantastic.

The only deal I saw on the older Batman films was the buy 3 UHd Blu rays for $50.

I think the deal expired now too?

maybe set up a price alert on camel camel camel.

also I know the 4k digital versions are much less.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I picked up the set in September. It’s fantastic.

The only deal I saw on the older Batman films was the buy 3 UHd Blu rays for $50.

I think the deal expired now too?

maybe set up a price alert on camel camel camel.

also I know the 4k digital versions are much less.

Wow. Didn't know about that deal. I just bought Returns and Forever for $30. I'll get '89 also and just wait until I can get Batman and Robin for super cheap somewhere down the line. I'm in no hurry for that one.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
That's why I have become more selective on what I buy this time of year, and also why I am buying more films via a streaming service (usually iTunes). I have more material to watch than time, and shelf space is becoming constrained.

Yeah, I'm trying to be more selective as well for those reasons... but I'm just not crazy about buying streaming versions.

Since time is a significant issue as well, I think I might be better off w/ certain streaming services like the Criterion Channel on top of Netflix and sporadic subscriptions of Amazon Prime (like now), et al for content I don't feel a "need" to own in my collection...

Might need to do a bit of pruning/purging at some point and sell off or give away some I guess...

_Man_

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I can understand the appeal of buying streaming versions. My problem is then you're stuck with DD grade soundtracks, even when it's Atmos. Over 90%, possibly as much as 95% of the cost of my HT is for audio. I know that's far out of the norm, but I just don't want to hamper it with nothing but DD soundtracks, especially with movies where the soundtrack is a major part of the movie. I've found that virtually all the streaming versions I buy are of movies that have only ever been released on DVD, and there's an HD version available. That's becoming more and more common.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I can understand the appeal of buying streaming versions. My problem is then you're stuck with DD grade soundtracks, even when it's Atmos. Over 90%, possibly as much as 95% of the cost of my HT is for audio. I know that's far out of the norm, but I just don't want to hamper it with nothing but DD soundtracks, especially with movies where the soundtrack is a major part of the movie. I've found that virtually all the streaming versions I buy are of movies that have only ever been released on DVD, and there's an HD version available. That's becoming more and more common.
I can’t tell the difference between an Atmos track on iTunes and the same movie title on 4K disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks