What's new

Best Black Friday Deals 2019 (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Also a couple Lightning Deals on Cohen BD that were never in stock at the same time (or V2 never ) in B&N recent 50% off month long sale/
Buster Keaton V1, V2 were/are 12.99 each and V3 is upcoming later. V1 is in the last minutes of the sale.

Volume 3 is about to go on sale... Too bad this one doesn't seem to be a meaningful upgrade over the old Kino Lorber releases though...

_Man_

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, the 6 movie Mission Impossible 4K for $38 is suddenly back again. I was weak and grabbed it the first time through, and already received it today.

I also broke down on the Bourne 5 movie 4K lightning for $40 earlier. Like Patrick, I've had trouble resisting 4K titles, and have upgraded BRs in some cases, especially action/sci-fi stuff that will benefit from the soundtrack and HDR.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I also broke down on the Bourne 5 movie 4K lightning for $40 earlier. Like Patrick, I've had trouble resisting 4K titles, and have upgraded BRs in some cases, especially action/sci-fi stuff that will benefit from the soundtrack and HDR.

Yeah, those kinds can be hard to resist, especially if one wants the atmos tracks, though I seem to recall the Bourne 4K titles to be not worth upgrading (at least video-wise) when I was tempted last year...

_Man_

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, those kinds can be hard to resist, especially if one wants the atmos tracks, though I seem to recall the Bourne 4K titles to be not worth upgrading (at least video-wise) when I was tempted last year...

_Man_
Well, now that I double check, it does appear the first one in particular was completely screwed up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When I see a lot of the prices of 4K titles go back up to the $22-$30 range now, I don't feel as bad as splurging on them during black Friday and cyber Monday ($8-$13 a pop). I remember this being the case last year too, and vowed to be a bit more aggressive with the purchases this year.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I said I would NOT upgrade Blus to 4k...but then have started doing it. Mostly because I've gone Atmos.
Once you go to a 4K display, I think this trend will accelerate. Even the 2K upconverts are like night and day compared to a regular Blu-Ray. It turns out that color and contrast matter more than number of pixels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks