What's new

2019 Black Friday blu ray and UHd Blu ray deals (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Wow. Didn't know about that deal. I just bought Returns and Forever for $30. I'll get '89 also and just wait until I can get Batman and Robin for super cheap somewhere down the line. I'm in no hurry for that one.
Batman 89 and Batman forever are $15 on amazon.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Big Lots has an assortment of DVD/blu for $1.88 and $2.88. Also some other titles marked $5 seem to be ringing up at $2.88.

I picked up the blu-ray trilogy of Star Trek II/III/IV for $2.88 (marked $5). Had to pay $5 for the blu-ray of ST: The Motion Picture by itself. :P
i'm waiting on Trek 4K and don't try and stop me!!
I just got the Night Watch/Day Watch blu set for $2.88 from BL. Been interested in those Russian movies for a while. reviews on the net say they either suck or they're fantastic.

I got a nice stack from walmart.
Disney animations for so so $10 each. I'm debating keeping Sword and stone but I think I just have a tape somewhere. Might brave the bad "update" treatment. Got Oliver & Co, Aristicats. Passed on Bedknobs. wish they'd had Mary Poppins I just have a dvd.
The Mission Impossible 5 movie blu was only $8. Good deal even if you get the 6th separate
Bohemian Rhapsody 4k $8. Wanted Rocketman but it was $12. and Yesterday they just had blu. maybe next year
Miracle on 34th street blu. $4. I only had a PD of that. upgrade!
Jerry Lewis 10 movie dvd. $10. Only have Nutty Prof. But it's blu. I figure I'll never get all those others on blu. wish it had cracking up. I miss that one. but this is a great companion to the bob hope set I got last year.

glad I didn't spend a whole lot but sure wish they had a few more 4K or some 3D. almost not worth the aching back I got.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
oh! I had been watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the day before and joking about the Julie Andrews clone they had. The lady was very talented though, squint your eyes and she was Julie! I thought about Sound of Music but didn't have it. Now I do. I think it was $6.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I’m not stopping my disc purchases. But I’ve noticed a good price, in and of itself, isn’t enough for me anymore. That the disc is on sale for $3.99 isn’t the only part of the equation anymore because I still have to decide if it’s worth a spot of limited shelf space or the cost of hard drive storage plus the hassle of physically storing the disc. So now I’m basically buying stuff only when it’s something I’m ready to watch now, and not letting the sales dictate my purchase choices. I may be spending on average more per title but less overall because I’m cutting out impulse buys that aren’t getting watched. The money savings no longer matter as much as the space and time.

Yep. I need to purge again; I have a box have full right now and need to go through one more time before Christmas.

I'll admit I am holding out a bit of hope a Disney Movie Club 60% off is coming this week so I can snag a stack of discs for a reasonable amount.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Yep. I need to purge again; I have a box have full right now and need to go through one more time before Christmas.

I'll admit I am holding out a bit of hope a Disney Movie Club 60% off is coming this week so I can snag a stack of discs for a reasonable amount.

we should start a home theater disc trading club!!!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
i'm waiting on Trek 4K and don't try and stop me!!
I just got the Night Watch/Day Watch blu set for $2.88 from BL. Been interested in those Russian movies for a while. reviews on the net say they either suck or they're fantastic.

I got a nice stack from walmart.
Disney animations for so so $10 each. I'm debating keeping Sword and stone but I think I just have a tape somewhere. Might brave the bad "update" treatment. Got Oliver & Co, Aristicats. Passed on Bedknobs. wish they'd had Mary Poppins I just have a dvd.
The Mission Impossible 5 movie blu was only $8. Good deal even if you get the 6th separate
Bohemian Rhapsody 4k $8. Wanted Rocketman but it was $12. and Yesterday they just had blu. maybe next year
Miracle on 34th street blu. $4. I only had a PD of that. upgrade!
Jerry Lewis 10 movie dvd. $10. Only have Nutty Prof. But it's blu. I figure I'll never get all those others on blu. wish it had cracking up. I miss that one. but this is a great companion to the bob hope set I got last year.

glad I didn't spend a whole lot but sure wish they had a few more 4K or some 3D. almost not worth the aching back I got.

I would love the classic trek films on 4k!!!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I didn't buy many discs this Black Friday. I only bought two 4K/UHD and one Blu-ray release this year which is by far the least amount of discs I usually buy this time of year. I'm more into digital purchases now as I need to conserve what little storage space I have for discs.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I didn't buy many discs this Black Friday. I only bought two 4K/UHD and one Blu-ray release this year which is by far the least amount of discs I usually buy this time of year. I'm more into digital purchases now as I need to conserve what little storage space I have for discs.

I’ve been selling off discs I haven’t watched in years. I bought a few discs and I am still debating whether to keep them actually.

Unless it’s a title I love watching a lot the blu ray is usually just fine.

4k 007, Star Trek and Star Wars are titles that I will buy though. Back to the future in 4K too.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I've got a big box full to go away. Most of them are discs that I upgraded from at some point. I probably need to go through and purge some discs that I don't think I'll watch much or at all but I find that extremely difficult.

Like others have mentioned I am buying more on digital now. I will buy digitally movies I like or would like see again that don’t rise to the standard of I need them in my physical collection. I will often buy them when the price is low enough that it’s just a bit more than renting. I’ll even make some blind buys when the prices are low enough.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I've got a big box full to go away. Most of them are discs that I upgraded from at some point. I probably need to go through and purge some discs that I don't think I'll watch much or at all but I find that extremely difficult.

Like others have mentioned I am buying more on digital now. I will buy digitally movies I like or would like see again that don’t rise to the standard of I need them in my physical collection. I will often buy them when the price is low enough that it’s just a bit more than renting. I’ll even make some blind buys when the prices are low enough.

agreed. I feel a bit exhausted from buying or upgrading titles. Which really stinks....
Apollo 13 4k is $10 as is e.T. 4k but I know I bought them in the last few years on blu ray and have only watched them once. Yet I feel compelled to consider buying the 4k versions.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I hardly bought anything this year compared to the last few years. I already have most of the 4ks I want.

I had been waiting patiently for Alita to drop so I grabbed that one for $12.97 off Amazon Thursday and threw in Del Toro's Hellboy for $9.97.

I also picked up Far from Home for 12.97 for my son off walmart.com. And lastly I grabbed the Shining 4K for 12.97 on Saturday.

The only title I wanted that I didnt get was Gremlins. I had to leave something on the list for my family to get me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Some movies with codes on Blu-ray will transfer to 4K when you redeem them on iTunes.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Best Buy is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on Steelbooks today only. Excludes pre-orders. Good way to catch up on Marvel/Disney titles. 4k Iron Man 1-3 for $43.98 + tax

This deal is back for today only but only Disney/Marvel/Pixar and the starting prices on most of them are even better than Black Friday. Quite a few 4k Pixar/Disney/Marvel are @ $14.99. Cars is $9.99.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This deal is back for today only but only Disney/Marvel/Pixar and the starting prices on most of them are even better than Black Friday. Quite a few 4k Pixar/Disney/Marvel are @ $14.99. Cars is $9.99.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/disney-steelbooks?

Loaded up on 24 Disney/Marvel 4K steelbooks yesterday, price was too good to pass up when 18 of them averaged $10 a pop (all at the discounted price of $14.99) and the other 6 averaged $13.33 each ($19.99 discounted pricing during this sale). You have to buy them in groups of 3, and have to keep titles with similar pricing together to max out the deal.

Note: Iron Man 3 4K steelbook is $14.99 but not part of the b2g1f promotion.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
BTW, Best Buy got even more of my $$$ on 4K titles because they were offering B2G1F for certain studio offerings at the 2 for $20 and 2 for $30 discount price point, and then allowing for a 3rd title to become a freebie during the 1-day sale. It was a crazy couple of days...

tempest21

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Actually got lucky on a lot of titles from Meijers during Black Friday.

$5.99 John Wick 3: Parabellum
$3.99 Maze Runner
$3.99 The Scorch Trials
$3.99 The Death Cure
$8.99 The Meg
$7.99 Godzilla: King of the Monsters
$3.99 Rise of the Planet of the Apes
$3.99 War of the Planet of the Apes
$3.99 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Just glad that I held out and waited for King of the Monsters and John Wick 3. It was nice to get the Planet of the Apes Trilogy and the Maze Runner Trilogy for $3.99 for each film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks