What's new

Behringer Feedback Destroyer question.. (1 Viewer)

Scott S

Auditioning
...if there are any Behringer Feedback Destroyer users out there, I have a question. I am using the DSP1100 to EQ my subwoofer. The problem is, when I turn it off and leave it over night, it forgets what program it was using forcing me to reset the program when I fire it up. I was hoping to set and forget it, but this could foil my plan. Anyone else have a similar problem?

-Scott

Chris White

Second Unit
Hmmm. That's odd. I normally leave mine on 24/7, but when I do turn it off, it comes back to the same program. When you re-select the program, are your settings still there?

Danny Owens

Agent
When you edit a parameter, you have to hit STORE twice. If you only hit it once it stores the changes to ram only. Once power is turned off it loses the settings. Hitting STORE the second time writes it to e-prom.

Danny

Scott S

Auditioning
It does store the filter parameters (when I turn it off), which I think tells me that it is storing the programs. I'm certain that I pushed the Store button twice (once to allow you to change the Program # and a second time to Store it). The thing is it will remember the last program for a few hours, but longer than over night and it comes up on "10" or default "--". ....I tried just storing the program on "10", but when it switches to 10, it also comes up deactivated (In/Out blinking), which is really frustrating. Can the EPROM be losing it's memory after a day? Thanks, Scott

BruZZi

Second Unit
You put your settings in program #4 for example, then turn off the BFD. Turn it on few hours later and it switches back to "--" or #10 by itself, then if you go to program #4 the settings are gone?????. That's weird!!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Maybe there's a CMOS battery in there that's needs to be changed?

(If it's Flash, then it should survive being turned off. Unless it's a bad Flash chip. But then it couldn't remember the original program anyway.)

Danny Owens

Agent
Scott,

The only thing that I can think of at this point is that the the e-prom is most likly battery backed up non-volitile ram. The symptoms you report sound exactly like the battery used to hold the NVR has died. I have not yet opened up mine to see what kind of battery is used, but it is typically a readily available wafer type. I doubt, given the cost of Behringer equipment, that they would custom design their own propriatary battery. You should open up the BFD and look for the battery; the replacement should be available off the shelf at some electronics store.

Danny

StephenL

Second Unit
I had a similar problem after a power outage. Try unplugging the BFD for a minute to reset it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks