What's new

Baseball Player Attacks Sausage (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's a joke alright, but not that way. He was fined, what $432? What percentage of that is his salary for the year? How dumb can it get?

If I were her I'd be filing assault charges. Can a baseball bat be a deadly weapon? Add humiliation to that and she could collect a pile of bucks.

Glenn

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mark,
The woman was not treated at the hospital and she refused to file any charges. Also, if you look at the video you could see that she was not struck on the head.

Crawdaddy

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Her name hasn't been released and her face wasn't shown, so where's the humiliation? If anything she could become famous and hit the talk shows from this if she chose too.

For there to be assault charges they'd probably have to show some form of intent. In all likelihood all he intended to do was swipe at the top of the costume and make it flop over and look funny.

It sounds like some of you want this guy locked up mainly because he's an athlete. This was a stupid thing to do, but not criminal. And there's no reason to rush to judgement on this, MLB and the Pirates have yet to announce what they plan to do. There likely will be a fine and suspension. The $432 was for the misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge. The fine is probably set, should it vary with income level or something?

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
He should have thrown a cherry bomb at her to get less press. ;) Yep, an 8 year old was burned by a cherry bomb dropped from an upper deck in Oak earlier this week. :frowning:

Who is surprised? Bud brought us the the end of bat day and ball day because his crappy team led people to pelt the field and those unlucky fans in their path with the giveaways. It was home to the All Star game that didn't count and it's the only domed stadium where it rains. Anything that happens there will always be a bigger story than Bud's teams performance.

"Obviously, the type of behavior exhibited by Mr. Simon is anathema to the family entertainment that we are trying to provide in our ball parks and is wholly unacceptable. -B.S.
Ripping all the fans and taxpayers off is perfectly acceptable though for him.

If they don't want mascots to interact with players, umps, managers, coaches and fans then get rid of them. Simon didn't take a swing at her head as Bud seems to imply. It was a stupid thing to do, but it wasn't a malicious act.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I'm usually one of the first to cry out against preferential treatment of the famous; however...

if you watch the video carefully, you'll see that Simon merely tapped his bat against the huge costume head. It was a (stupid) spur-of-the-moment thing to do, but it was clearly not done with harmful intent.

Jon

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I think Simon was just hot-dogging around. When he hit the brat, he did so with relish. As the other sausages called for her to ketchup, she fell to the ground on her buns. I normally don’t knock the guy, but he really put some mustard on that swat with the three-footlong club. In an effort to assuage her grief, he apologized and presented her with two red-hot bats. She’s really in a pickle now, though; I understand she’s taken a turn for the wurst.

Jon

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Jon :laugh:
I understand she’s taken a turn for the wurst.
Sadly, this is true. I hear they've moved her from a hot pan in the hospital kitchen to the ICU (intensive condiment unit). They don't want to release the young woman's name but well-wishes can be sent to the hospital in care of her uncle, Frank Furter.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Simply an attempt to be funny, that took a slight wrong turn. No harm no foul. It is actually one of the funnier things I have seen in some time. Really, you guys who are making comments without seeing the video about suing for damages and whatnot need to actually watch the video to understand how ridiculous and inappropriate such comments are in light of the overall situation.

J

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
The funniest part of the video is the sausage who turns around, sees the other two lying on the ground, and apparently thinks "Yes, I'm going to win this race for sure!"

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
To say he took a swing at her is a slight overstatement I think, I'd even bet he's surprised she fell.

Did anyone see her interviewed on TV? Either she's still woozy from the fall, or she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Chris

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
She didn't want charges pressed and said she wasn't hurt one bit. I guess there's still some people out there who aren't money-grubbin' opportunists.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
:laugh:

Some of the posts in this thread have me laughing! That's not to say I find humor in the injury of this woman, rather, I find humor in the comments that are being made.

I was just watching a TV program of a Pittsburgh talk show host and showed footage that the girl in the costume was losing her balance just before she was hit with the bat. That doesn't excuse Simon's actions because she may not have fallen, but I just thought I would mention it.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Whatever. I just hope that when the Pittsburgh Pierogies come to Milwaukee in August (yes, that is an upcoming promotion) to challenge the sausage racers that the Brewers go after them and beat them bloody. :rolleyes:It's well-established in baseball that you are entitled to protect your team members. Don't be messing with our pork products!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks