Barking Sub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Wh, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Brett Wh

Brett Wh Auditioning

I have a JBL Sub and whenever I change chanel, or flick thru the menu on my receiver (Pioneer) to say change the Dolby Model my sub woofs. This happened on a previous sub so I can only assume my receiver/amp is outputting something down the Sub line?

2. Mark R O

Mark R O Stunt Coordinator

Just a guess, but since the L,C,R,RR,LR channels are amplified, they mute with any setting/source selections.
    The LFE or sub-out being line level didn't cause any issues on the test bench, so was either overlooked or just shined on. Curious if the other pre-outs mute? Try plugging the sub cable into one of the fronts,(turn off first!) and see if does the same thing.

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

It's related to the receiver/prepro.

Whenever I change formats like from 5.1 to 2.1 my sub starts to gargle consistantly. In order for me to make it stop I have to turn the "digital-out" on and then off.

I know it may sound like a pain but I do it all the time and am used to it.

4. Brett Wh

Brett Wh Auditioning

Tried the "digital out" trick - no luck. Will see if the same happens if I connect to one of the other chanels. It's very annoying - just a boom as I move around menus etc. If I flik thru fast it doesn't happen.

5. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Oops, I knew it probably wouldn't fix your problem I was just posting how messed up my Hercules GTXP Pre/pro is.

6. Brett Wh

Brett Wh Auditioning

No worries Chris - it was worth a try though.