Subwoofers won't work on my Kenwood VR-2090

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Geo Gabor, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Geo Gabor

Geo Gabor Stunt Coordinator

After moving into my new house (and after having my Kenwood amp in storage for 6 months), I've got speakers hooked up again. But my new SVS sub isn't working. I'm getting very little signal during the Kenwood's internal speaker check. So I tried a different cable, with the same result. So I tried my old sub and got exactly the same result. My conclusion is that there's a problem in the amp. Everything else seems to work fine except that darned sub pre-out.

So here's my question before I start tinkering. Does anyone know if the VR-2090 has a seperate fuse for the sub pre-out that might have blown? Or can anyone offer any other trees to bark up?

Thanks much!

2. Rick_Brown

Rick_Brown Second Unit

Have you checked the setup procedure to make sure you have said sub=yes and all other speakers = small? The receiver's memory for your previous settings would likely have been lost due to being unconnected to power for so long.

3. Geo Gabor

Geo Gabor Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the response, Rick. Yes, I checked all the settings, and re-checked. But guess what? It seems that the subwoofer test tone on my receiver is unbelievably low. When I actually tried it out with a real DVD, the sub rumbled to life! It's working, all right!! In fact, I had to turn it down a bit when things started shaking off the table! [​IMG]

Life is good again. It'll be even better when my new fronts/center finally arrive.