What's new

Subwoofers won't work on my Kenwood VR-2090 (1 Viewer)

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
After moving into my new house (and after having my Kenwood amp in storage for 6 months), I've got speakers hooked up again. But my new SVS sub isn't working. I'm getting very little signal during the Kenwood's internal speaker check. So I tried a different cable, with the same result. So I tried my old sub and got exactly the same result. My conclusion is that there's a problem in the amp. Everything else seems to work fine except that darned sub pre-out.

So here's my question before I start tinkering. Does anyone know if the VR-2090 has a seperate fuse for the sub pre-out that might have blown? Or can anyone offer any other trees to bark up?

Thanks much!

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
Have you checked the setup procedure to make sure you have said sub=yes and all other speakers = small? The receiver's memory for your previous settings would likely have been lost due to being unconnected to power for so long.

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the response, Rick. Yes, I checked all the settings, and re-checked. But guess what? It seems that the subwoofer test tone on my receiver is unbelievably low. When I actually tried it out with a real DVD, the sub rumbled to life! It's working, all right!! In fact, I had to turn it down a bit when things started shaking off the table! :eek:

Life is good again. It'll be even better when my new fronts/center finally arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks