What's new

Back to the Future R1 news (New Pictures Posted!) (1 Viewer)

David, you said,
The BTTF Trilogy DVD set will be advertised on a number of DVD's (starting with this week's A Beautiful Mind, if I'm not mistaken)
Unless I am missing something, I don't think the advert made it to the US widescreen ABM release. I checked both discs and could not find any trailer/preview/mention of BTTF.

--Andrew

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I know. :frowning:
I spent a half hour last night scouring the ABM discs for such a trailer. I found the trailers for Apollo 13, K-Pax, Family Man, and Patch Adams. But nothing for BTTF.
So I went back to the source of my info. I could potentially post it here, graphically, so you know I'm not making this up. But that would be tonight, and I don't have it where I am now.
But it said something to the effect of "Trailering: The BTTF Trilogy DVD's will be trailered in theaters in front of The Two Towers, and also with How High, A Beautiful Mind, The Scorpian King..." (and it named several others, including the in-theaters-already Minority Report).
So here's my confusion: Did they mean the trailers would be in theaters or on home video? Nobody seeing Minority Report in theaters this past weekend mentioned the presence of a BTTF DVD ad, and MR *is* coming to home video before the end of the year, so we can suppose home video, right? Well, How High and now ABM are already *out* on home video, so I again doubt they mean in theaters. But, How High has been out for a few weeks, and I don't recollect anyone jumping up and saying "there's a BTTF trailer on this disc!". Nor can we now find one on ABM's discs (I too have the WS version; I doubt the FS one is different just for this!).
But why would they try to hide it? It's no good as an easter egg, after all: they are trying to market and promote something here!
Conclusion: perhaps this trailer is either on videos only provided to rental chains, OR is only on the VHS's of these titles.
Can anyone tell us about this idea? Anyone got a VHS (shudder) of ABM (or How High), or rented copies of either?
In the meantime, tonight I will post that graphic.
Sorry for any disappointment I generated, though!

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
I can't wait for this to come out, even if the case is a bit blue for it own good. But one thing that I wondering, would it still have that cut which the evil television verison (which was already bad with the pan and scanning) where any mention of terrorist is gone? I would be very mad if it is still cut out in the DVD.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
With all the stuff that gets 2-disc sets these days, I am quite a bit disappointed, thinking over this and wondering why Universal couldn't have given the Trilogy a 4-disc set similar to the Jurassic Park Trilogy. Universal tends to load all the extras onto one disc, and by packing in DD and DTS and commentaries, I hope these look and sound alright.
4 discs for 3 movies would have definitely been more welcome. But one thing is very cool: the low $54.99 SRP. :emoji_thumbsup:
Been waiting for these so long, that single-disc releases is a minor letdown. But let me wait to see them before complaining. :)

Brenton

Screenwriter
I can't wait for this to come out, even if the case is a bit blue for it own good. But one thing that I wondering, would it still have that cut which the evil television verison (which was already bad with the pan and scanning) where any mention of terrorist is gone? I would be very mad if it is still cut out in the DVD.
Bob Gale (producer/co-writer) has said in an interview months ago that he had no idea that the TV stations butchered the film this way, and he said that neither he nor director Robert Zemeckis would have condoned it. Expect the DVD to be the theatrical version.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Julian,

Bob Gale has said himself that the US version will have more substantial features on them, hence the delay for the US releases. They've dug up additional deleted footage and more featurettes for the R1s. The R1 specs are not yet final...

Dan

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't be surprised if the R1 ends up very close to the R2/4 versions, perhaps with the exception of audio commentaries on Parts II and III. I suspect the delay for the R1 versions has more to do with fears from Universal of parallel importing the R1 DVDs into foreign territories than anything else.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I guess www.dvdfile.com has sunk to a new low with stating that www.bttf.com is the official website for the DVD release. Then again you could say that this is the ultimate compliment (no pun intended) to the fan website as well.
oh well so much for spin (and I thought that labour was good at this)
:D

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Not necessarily. Maybe they just didn't wanna kiss corporate ass? Maybe they were gonna do us a favor and send us to the better site? I think it's better what they did.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
That wasn't the offical site? Whoa, that a shock. By the way, notice that Peter made no big deal about it happening with the usual pictures in the update and instead had something for James Bond and Ice Age up instead (which both were somewhat minior updates)?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Not necessarily. Maybe they just didn't wanna kiss corporate ass? Maybe they were gonna do us a favor and send us to the better site? I think it's better what they did.
I think it's as simple as he made a mistake, and said the wrong thing. "The simplest explanation is usually correct". Now where did I put my razor... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks