What's new

Back to the Future R1 news (New Pictures Posted!) (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
These movies were made for Dolby Surround...DD5.1 is good enough, why would you want DTS on films never even intended for discrete surround?

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
"The US release does have a few minor additional extras than the UK release, but the US release has had to forfeit the DTS soundtracks on each feature in order to fit these additional extras onto their discs. We studied both versions and took a decision that the DTS soundtracks added more benefit to the release than the few additional extras with the space available on a DVD. A greater proportion of the DVD players in the UK have the capability of playing DTS soundtracks than in the US, and with these films having fully re-mastered feature visuals, it was felt that we should also offer the best audio tracks possible as well."
So uhm, in other words; "The R2s were already pressed, and it would have been too expensive to re-master them and do NTSC to PAL transfers os all the additional supplements of the Region 1." :D
Dan

James Reader

Screenwriter
So uhm, in other words; "The R2s were already pressed, and it would have been too expensive to re-master them and do NTSC to PAL transfers os all the additional supplements of the Region 1."
So why delay them from the original September release (which alledgedly international branches of Universal Home Video specifically asked for)?
But of course we're talking about Universal UK - the worst DVD producers in the world. Their only logic is that they have no logic. :thumbsdown:

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
The delay is really odd it must be said. One can only think they want to cut down import purchases letting R2 buyers purchase and inferior and probably more expensive release.

I don't buy films on R2 as so many know, and one of the reasons is partly due to issues like this. I can't bring myself to support the incompetance of a lot of R2 divisons of studios when I am so often seeing R2 buyers treated like rubbish.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks