What's new

Back to the Future R1 news (New Pictures Posted!) (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
check out the artwork & specs c/o www.dvdshrine.com
All-New Audio Commentary with actor Michael J. Fox, director Robert Zemeckis and producer-screenwriter Bob Gale
Hilarious Outtakes
Deleted Scenes
The Hover Board Test
The Making of Back to the Future Featurette
“Animated Anecdotes”
Production Archive
Newly Remastered 5.1 Digital Soundtracks
And Much More!
http://www.dvdshrine.com/previews/im...views/bttf.jpg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
What is your source on this, kind sir?
Dome, Dome, Dome...trust me! :D
Seriously, revealing the source of scoops is, I have found, the quickest way to never get scoops again. I decided that this was big enough to share it with everyone, pronto. But you have to trust me that it's legit. And, I am confident that Dec. 17th will show you that what I posted is 100%, unless Universal themselves changes gears between now and then. However, I'm certain that the thing is already in production and starting to fill up warehouse space. I'm *really* sure of that, in fact! After all, they have a LOT of this product to produce between now and Christmas!! ;)
I am soooo dancin' in the streets after getting these pics. I am bringing my BTTF soundtrack to work with me!
In the meantime, did everyone see my extra info in the other BTTF thread? Here, I'll repost it:
  • All three films presented in Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1
  • Mail-in offer for a die-cast DeLorean car (doors open up!)
  • $5 rebate for purchase of both BTTF Trilogy and E.T DVDs.
  • The BTTF Trilogy DVD set will be advertised on a number of DVD's (starting with this week's A Beautiful Mind, if I'm not mistaken) and also in theaters in front of The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers!
Wooohoo!

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
So David Lambert, are all 3 discs going to have commentaries, aswell as dts?

or in other (less official) words,

Is it worth waiting for the R1 version, over the R4 version?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yes, commentaries are there. The specs are all over the HTF and the net, but for conveniece I'll repeat here what DVDShrine posted yesterday:

All-New Audio Commentary with actor Michael J. Fox, director Robert Zemeckis and producer-screenwriter Bob Gale
Hilarious Outtakes
Deleted Scenes
The Hover Board Test
The Making of Back to the Future Featurette
“Animated Anecdotes”
Production Archive
Newly Remastered 5.1 Digital Soundtracks
And Much More!

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
Don't mean to be a pain, but that doesn't really clarify if there is commentaries for each film.

Can you confirm this David?

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
Although there are "specs," I'm confused. Are these for the first movie only? Or for all three? Will there be commentaries on all three?

Brett Halsey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
So I was wondering if anybody knew if Universal are putting the BTTF DVD's in their own Amaray cases (ala Jurassic Park Trilogy) or are they going to be in a fold-out cover like the R4 release?

Ken Bentley

Second Unit
here are the features

Disc 1 Special Features:
THE MAKING OF BACK TO THE FUTURE - a rare behind the scenes look.
MAKING THE TRILOGY: CHAPTER 1. A retrospective look featuring CAST and CREW.
ALL NEW FEATURE COMMENTARY with Michael J.Fox, Director/Writer Robert Zemekis & Producer/Writer Bob Gale.
Hilarious OUTTAKES.
DELETED SCENES.
Original MAKE-UP TESTS.
DID YOU KNOW THAT? UNIVERSAL'S ANIMATED ANECDOTES: watch the movie and learn more interesting facts
PRODUCTION ARCHIVES - photographs, original storyboards & props.
STORYBOARDS to final feature comparisons.
Theatrical TRAILER.

Disc 2 Special Features:
BACK TO THE FUTURE PART 2 FEATURETTE - a rare behind the scenes look.
MAKING THE TRILOGY: CHAPTER 2. A retrospective look featuring CAST and CREW
Hilarious OUTTAKES.
DELETED SCENES.
HOVER BOARD TEST on location.
PRODUCTION ARCHIVES - photographs, original storyboards & props.
STORYBOARD to final feature comparison.
Theatrical TRAILER
Disc 3 Special Features:
MAKING THE TRILOGY: CHAPTER 3. A retrospective look featuring CAST and CREW
Hilarious OUTTAKES.
DELETED SCENES.
ZZ TOP music video DOUBLEBACK.
PRODUCTION ARCHIVES photographs, original storyboards & props.
STORYBOARD to final feature comparison.
Theatrical TRAILER

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Evidently a blue 3-disc Amaray.
Also, if the outtakes are not hilarious, only mildly amusing at best, can we demand a refund? ;)

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Of importance that no one seems to be picking up is the competitive pricing (compared, say, to ET). The artwork above showed a MAP of $39.99. Amazon now has it up for preorder showing list of $54.98 with their discounted price at $41.24.

This is very good news. At this price, it will sell TONS. TONS. TONS. A heck of a lot more than ET ultimate.

Way to go Universal on this one. A good job on pricing! Can't wait until X-mas now.....

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Ok. So it shows 10 hours of extras.....All three movies have both 5.1 DD and DTS......I am buying this no matter what, but I will be very interested in the early reviews of the video quality. I'm sure they can do it ok, but we'll see.

Amazon has it up for preorder now too. They show list of $54.98 with their discounted price at just over $41. This is very nice. I think that TONS of these will sell, compared to ET ultimate.....

Can't wait. This is our density.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
What ill be doing December 16-18
December 16(close to midnight) - Waiting outside a B&M for the inevitable midnight release of the trilogy.
December 17 (12:02 AM) Going home with the BTTF trilogy then getting home and preparing all the mail-in offers:D
december 17 (7:30 AM) going to school:angry:
December 17 (About 5:30 PM) Beginning to watch BTTF on DVD on progressive scan widescreen TV with DTS audio
December 17 (around 11 PM) leaving for LOTR:TTT midnight showing
December 18 (12:05 AM) watching BTTF DVD preview on big screen followed by LOTR:TTT theatrical showing
December 18 (around 3:30 AM) Getting home to sleep
l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I also saw that Amazon has the trilogy up for pre-order. I think theyre gonna change the price though to be competitive with the B&Ms selling at or lower than $39.99.

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Brett Halsey

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brett
I don't know how reliable DVD Compare ( Link Removed )is but they are listing commentaries on both BTTF 2 & 3 by Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale (No Michael J. Fox :frowning: )
BTTF: Link Removed
BTTF 2: Link Removed
BTTF 3: Link Removed

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I wonder why they went with blue. Doesn't seem to relate to the films, unless I missed something. I'll just be happy to have these... even part 3.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Does anyone here see a potential problem here?? I just checked imdb.com and Back to the Futures 1, 2, and 3 all have a running time of 111, 108, and 118 minutes respectively.

With commentaries, a Dolby 5.1, plus a dts soundtrack, plus all the extras theyve been promising us, doesnt that seem like a LITTLE too much to fit onto a single disc?

I mean, I am as tickled pink as everyone else here that these discs are finally a reality, however, I dont want the most awaited DVD since the introduction of DVD to come out and be riddled with compression artifacts and crappy video quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks