What's new

Back to the Future R1 news (New Pictures Posted!) (1 Viewer)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I hate to complain when long-awaited releases finally come to DVD, but the studios always seem to give us some reason. Why couldn't this be a 4-disc set? Why do we have to pay $70 for the original ET? Why must we buy the entire Trilogy of Godfather and BTTF? Why is the Godfather Trilogy have an SRP of $105.99? Etc., etc., etc.
But at least we're getting the BTTF Trilogy, and I will be one happy camper this Christmas. :)

Ken Bentley

Second Unit
im glade its a 4 disk set. in a alpha case. better than a 4 disk set that woudl cost more than the 40 dollars they asking for.. i think 40 bucks is a decent price. also better in alpha case than some cardboard box. that woudl get torn up after time. and at least they put the extras on each dvd so i have no complaints bout this release..

now the E.T thing is a whole differnt ball game...lol..

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
im glade its a 4 disk set. in a alpha case. better than a 4 disk set that woudl cost more than the 40 dollars they asking for.. i think 40 bucks is a decent price. also better in alpha case than some cardboard box. that woudl get torn up after time. and at least they put the extras on each dvd so i have no complaints bout this release..
Ken, that is what we are hoping for. No one knows for sure if it will be a 4 disc set. As it looks now, it will be a 3 disc set, and thats where people are seeing (potential) problems.

Luke is correct, I mean, I hate complaining too, but it seems like almost every studio likes taking something good, and purposely adding something negative to it. Oh well, I have faith that Universal will do a good job with these discs. Just look at the excellent presentations theyve given us for lesser films like The Fast and the Furious, Mummy and Mummy Returns, etc...

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I have merged the two BTTF R1 discussions (Main and Packaging) into one dicussion as the majority fo the discussion was overlapping.

Enjoy.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
BTTF III was on cable this weekend. I could only catch the first half before running out. My wife was QUITE pleased when I told her this one would be in our home for Christmas! Can't wait...I hope Universal treats this one right...because it will be one big seller.

Take care,
Chuck

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I don't know how reliable DVD Compare ( Link Removed )is but they are listing commentaries on both BTTF 2 & 3 by Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale (No Michael J. Fox
Well, Fox wasnt there to do the live Q&A recording sessions with Zemeckis and Bob Gayle done recently at a US University (I forget which) for the 3 movies. The three sessions were confirmed to be the future commentary tracks for each movie on DVD. Zemeckis must like this route since he did Cast Away's commentary the same way.
It's been suggested Fox has been recorded for at least the first one, if not all three, and will have his comments edited in with the existing ones from the two Bobs.
Dan

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Thanks for that Patrick. I like the disc art a lot, but the main cover and the box itself, too much blue.

Dan

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Anybody know if this BTTF announcement is an all-time DVD record for length of time between announcement of a firm street date and the actual release? With this one being pretty near a full six months, it seems to me it might be close to the record. I was just curious.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
With this one being pretty near a full six months, it seems to me it might be close to the record.
Beauty and the Beast: Platinum Edition was announced a full eight months in advance. BTTF doesn't have an official press release yet, does it?

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Dan, you sure you didn't mean to say Universal instead of Fox back in Post 89?
I have to say I think the packaging looks bloody awful, and as the international edition's going to be so different we could hope for three separate Amarays with the orignal artwork.
Of course, if this list of extra R1 features is true I'm going to have to get the blue monstrosity. :frowning:
Maybe I should order the Aussie one at £17.99 from CD Wow and move the U.S. discs into the cases...

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.bttf.com/backtalk/20020625.shtml
as usual has the most up to date info
Over this past weekend, full specifications regarding the highly sought-after Back to the Future Trilogy DVD set for the U.S. was released to video retailers, including many of the planned features and promotions.
there is so much stuff
:emoji_thumbsup:

Justin B

Agent
Am I missing something, or does the R1 release have the same specs as other regions apart from the cover art/amaray vs slipcase? All indications I've seen only confirm the commentary on the 1st movie, not all 3.

Oh well, R4 for me regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks