What's new

Back to the Future R1 news (New Pictures Posted!) (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
But although Universal has all but confirmed that a Region 1 release will come by the end of the year (check out Universal's DVD website for a look at the preview trailer), it's worth noting that the specs announced for the overseas versions of the trilogy will not be the same as the eventual Region 1 release. We've received some news from Back to the Future producer Bob Gale himself that production is still underway for some of the features, and director Robert Zemeckis recently held a Q&A session at his alma mater, the USC School of Cinema-Television, that was recorded for the Region 1 DVD. So, be warned. Those who just can't wait and are thinking of ordering the overseas editions of the trilogy, you may want to hold off until the official announcement comes for the domestic release. There just may be a few surprises in there...?
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/06_13.html

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
Really looking forward to this one. It's going to be very hard to wait until the end of the year since the R4 is coming out in a matter of days and it already looks totally amazing. The artwork is simply awesome on that edition i hope they don't change it. Let's just hope that the wait is well worth the money when it finally arrives. By the sound of it really seems that way but you never know. I'll wait for the official announcement but if it doesn't differ that much from the R4 i sure as hell won't wait a minute longer before buying the R4.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Finally, my favorite movies "offcially announced" for my favorite format. BTTF.com reports that Universal gave them the opportunity to debut the trailer containing the official street date which has been speculated for a long time now. Although I wont be satisfied until i have the set in my hand, i can surely see its a start. After 5 years off being in "on hold hell" it looks like Universal might finally release the trilogy this winter after the over seas contracts with Columbia expire this summer. Finally BTTF on DVD!!!!!!!!!
thx, l8rz,
Deepak Jr.:D :D :D :) :) :)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
It's great to get it this year, but it seems weird that they're coming out that close to Christmas. I'd figure they'd want to put it out in the October/November time-frame, to really maximize sales between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Oh well. What do I know? Still, this set is my density. . . :)
-mwb-

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
DOH! Missed it by that much. Trying to think of some other quote that might apply here, but I'm drawing a blank.

I better make like a tree, and get the hell outta here. . .

-mwb-

Jon_B

Screenwriter
A "new" red-letter date in the history of dvd December 17th, 2002. Yes of course December 17th, 2002. The day Back to the Future is finally released on dvd. :emoji_thumbsup:
Jon

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I just though of something, wouldnt it be kool if they released the trilogy on November 5th or 12th this year? After all, they are both Tuesdays and would be neat to have them release the set on those specific days giving their meaning in the movies.

thx, l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

JasonB

Agent
Good point! That would be pretty neat to release them on either of those dates.

I too agree that December 12th is MUCH too late in the holiday shopping season for such a HUGE release!!

One of my favorite moments as a kid was going to California to visit Universal studios and taking the backlot tour and seeing the Back to the Future set.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
(Using up the last of the really good quotes here)

"Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't buy this box set, that he'd melt my brain."

"I have these DVDs brought all the way to your B&M, and all you've got for me is LIGHT beer?"

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
Jesus, George, it's a wonder it was ever released on DVD!
---------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Emmet Brown: Then tell me, "future boy", what DVD set is released on December 17th, 2002?
Marty McFly: Back to the Future
Dr. Emmet Brown: Back to the Future? The trilogy?! What else is released? Star Wars?
Marty McFly: What?
Dr. Emmet Brown: I suppose its a special edition! And with commentaries! I've had enough practical jokes for one evening! Good night, future boy!

thx, l8rz
Deepak Jr.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
I'm sure in 2002, the BTTF trilogy on DVD is available at every corner drugstore, but in 1955 it's a little hard to come by!

had to add that one, thx, l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks