What's new

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Avatar 3 (2024)

Genre: Action, Drama, Science Fiction, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldaña, Stephen Lang, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Giovanni Ribisi, Michelle Yeoh, Matt Gerald, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Jamie Flatters, Filip Geljo, Britain Dalton, Jack Champion, Bailey Bass, Duane Evans Jr., Jemaine Clement, David Thewlis, Edie Falco, Cliff Curtis, Keston John, Trinity Bliss, Jake McLean, Jeremy Irwin, Johnny Alexander

Release: 2024-12-18

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
After watching The Way of Water, I’m interested in where Cameron takes this. Hopefully not simply a change of environment (like moving to a desert).

From the ending of TWoW, it looks like Jake’s family is staying by the water, so Cameron has to advance the story beyond adapting to a new environment.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hopefully not simply a change of environment (like moving to a desert).
Producer Jon Landau

“What we've done is, first of all, we've completed all four scripts for 2, 3, 4, and 5. [The cast] read them. They know where their characters go. They know. It informs how they play these scenes. We went out and we shot all of movie 2. We shot 95% of movie 3. We have a little bit that we have to still pick up. And we shot the first act of movie 4. [...] I think one of the great things that we've done, and Jim has done in these scripts, is each movie is going to take you to new biomes and new cultures. And I think one of the things that Avatar has is this idea of 'Oel ngati kameie.' I see you. And it's not about seeing you for who you physically are, or what you look like. It's about seeing you from the inside, and the idea that we get to introduce new diverse clans that look different than the Omaticaya, and send a metaphor for our world, and accepting people for who they are on the inside and not judging them by who they are on the outside."

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
If some rumors are true that Avatar 4/5 sees a return to Earth… this could be a fascinating direction for the story. Imagine a decimated/dying Earth (a reason why the humans return in TWoW) … the visual possibilities could be mind-blowing!

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Putting on my storytelling hat here… just my 2c 😎

Avatar 3 may see all-out war between the humans and Na’vi. The humans may be defeated in the end but the Na’vi sustain major losses.

Now if Avatar 4/5 don’t get the green light, then Cameron can end the story here with a bittersweet victory for the Na’vi, and humans defeated (hopefully forever).

But if 4/5 go ahead… the Na’vi realize the humans will keep coming back unless they take the fight to them. Here’s where a devastated Earth comes into the picture… the Na’vi travel to Earth to make sure the humans can not come back (maybe destroying the remaining technology, etc.).

Or after numerous skirmishes/conflicts on Earth, both Na’vi and humans realize the Na’vi can help the humans re-build nature… which would be a more hopeful, harmonious finish to the saga.

Obviously a lot of the micro details need to be filled in… but that could be a path for 3/4/5.

Wishful thinking, I know, but I like thinking about possible ways forward. 😉

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
LOL, and so this (thread) begins... even though most of us (on HTF) hadn't seen Avatar 2 just yet... ;):lol:

_Man_

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben

....Champion is also shedding just a little bit of light on the upcoming Avatar 3, which has already completed 95 percent of principal photography.

“I was very shocked by [Avatar 3]. It just takes a hard left turn, and that’s not a bad thing. You think you know where it’s going, but then a wrecking ball comes,” Champion shares. “So you’re completely like, ‘Oh wow, I never thought that would’ve happened.’ You also see more regions of Pandora, and you get introduced to more cultures. So I think it’s even better than Avatar 2.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Cameron reveals some new info...

Cameron told French publication 20 Minutes that we can expect to see "different cultures from those I have already shown. The fire will be represented by the 'Ash People.' I want to show the Na’vi from another angle because, so far, I have only shown their good sides.

"In the early films, there are very negative human examples and very positive Na’vi examples. In Avatar 3, we will do the opposite. We will also explore new worlds, while continuing the story of the main characters. I can say that the last parts will be the best. The others were an introduction, a way to set the table before serving the meal. Source

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Have not yet seen Avatar Way Of Water yet but I will most likely wait for the disc to come out. I may end up doing a double Avatar feature at that point. Am thinking of splitting it up on the weekend and inviting my neighbors over for movie night. I can live with the Blu-ray release of Avatar as it looks good but would be open to upgrading it to 4K if the transfer in 4K is that good.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Cameron will be 76 in 2031. Not too old to direct, but will he have it in him to start a new massive project (and all of his projects are massive) at 76?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Cameron will be 76 in 2031. Not too old to direct, but will he have it in him to start a new massive project (and all of his projects are massive) at 76?
Nope, this will be it for him. When you consider that Avatar 3 has been shot and they're still delaying it by a year and the fourth and fifth movies will also have long delays and there will be his usual years long vacations between the third and fourth/fifth movies, he'll basically be around 80 and retire.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I fail to see why they need four years in between 3 and 4, especially when part of 4 is already shot. That seems excessive. But hey, it should give Cameron time to get those Abyss and True Lies 4k transfers done.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Probably need an extra year for editing and to finish all the FX:

In December 2022, shortly after Avatar: The Way of Water was released, it was revealed that James Cameron's first cut of Avatar 3 had a running time of nine hours. Cameron hopes to release the nine hour version as a limited series on Disney+ after the movie's theatrical run. (ScreenRant via Wikipedia)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks