What's new

Apple TV 4K official (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Don't get me started about their ATV+ app. That app keeps telling me I don't have any movies or tv shows in my library.
I have called Apple TV numerous times totaling 6 hours of trouble shooting from manager techicians. No one has any explanation why I cannot see any of my library( 4,000+ films) in my "library"!
They tell me there have not been any other issues with other subscribers regarding my issue.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have called Apple TV numerous times totaling 6 hours of trouble shooting from manager techicians. No one has any explanation why I cannot see any of my library( 4,000+ films) in my "library"!
They tell me there have not been any other issues with other subscribers regarding my issue.
What's funny is that I have a third ATV4K unit hooked up in my bedroom to a non-4K setup and I can see my digital library on the ATV+ app. I can't view my 4K library because the TV and receiver aren't 4K, but at least I can view my digital library. I might move that unit to one of my 4K setups.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
What's funny is that I have a third ATV4K unit hooked up in my bedroom to a non-4K setup and I can see my digital library on the ATV+ app. I can't view my 4K library because the TV and receiver aren't 4K, but at least I can view my digital library. I might move that unit to one of my 4K setups.
I can only see titles that have been downloaded in library computer., Apple TV box and iPhone .

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I’ve called at least six different times and talked to many different advisers and technicians. No one has an answer. All that shows up in my library is a family sharing and that is also on my iPhone as well. Family sharing has nothing to do with the library… And yet no one has responded to me about my issue with a solution or an attempt to fix.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’ve called at least six different times and talked to many different advisers and technicians. No one has an answer. All that shows up in my library is a family sharing and that is also on my iPhone as well. Family sharing has nothing to do with the library… And yet no one has responded to me about my issue with a solution or an attempt to fix.
What's funny is that when I use the ATV+ app on my iPhone and iPad, my libraries are present on those mobile devices. I think this problem is more widespread than it appears to be, but due to people still being able to access their library through iTunes, not a lot of people are complaining about it. I hate calling them, but I might have to start doing so.

We should move this discussion to this thread as we've had discussions about it some months ago.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

That is odd...

Hmmm... since you mention family sharing, are you somehow maybe logged into a different Apple ID (that's part of your "family sharing" group) than before? Maybe doublecheck your Settings app --> Users and Accounts section and see that everything's in order -- even if you didn't change anything, maybe an update to a recent version of tvOS could alter some of that or change the way things work just enough to cause an issue(?).

Just wondering... though that probably wouldn't explain why the diff between the iTunes app and ATV app.

I just tried logging into a different ID in my "family sharing" group, and both iTunes and ATV apps simply require me to take the extra step to choose the right ID (that actually owns my digital library) to see my library... which is basically also how it works on my iPhone.

I usually avoid that by logging the ATV4K's "Store" (or iTunes on my phone) directly into the ID that owns the library (that my family shares) -- and that also ensures purchases go into that ID's library...

_Man_

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
That is odd...

Hmmm... since you mention family sharing, are you somehow maybe logged into a different Apple ID (that's part of your "family sharing" group) than before? Maybe doublecheck your Settings app --> Users and Accounts section and see that everything's in order -- even if you didn't change anything, maybe an update to a recent version of tvOS could alter some of that or change the way things work just enough to cause an issue(?).

Just wondering... though that probably wouldn't explain why the diff between the iTunes app and ATV app.

I just tried logging into a different ID in my "family sharing" group, and both iTunes and ATV apps simply require me to take the extra step to choose the right ID (that actually owns my digital library) to see my library... which is basically also how it works on my iPhone.

I usually avoid that by logging the ATV4K's "Store" (or iTunes on my phone) directly into the ID that owns the library (that my family shares) -- and that also ensures purchases go into that ID's library...

_Man_
Last week I removed Family Sharing completely and it did not change ....only downloaded movies appeared in Library in my ATV app.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Last week I removed Family Sharing completely and it did not change ....only downloaded movies appeared in Library in my ATV app.

Hmmm... but are you currently actually logged into the ID that owns the library? IF not, that would probably explain why you can't access the library (especially after removing family sharing)... although that still wouldn't explain why the diff between the ATV app and (iTunes) Movie app (on your ATV4K)...

_Man_

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
It's my one and only account....I own the 4,000+ films purchased from iTunes ......but ATV app shows I have nothing in my library . Curiously when I Family shared with someone...they could see my library.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
It used to be when I turned on subtitles while using my ATV4K they stayed on until I turned them off. I’ve been watching the West Wing lately and when an episode ends the subtitles are off when the next one starts. I think this is happening on other streamers too.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It used to be when I turned on subtitles while using my ATV4K they stayed on until I turned them off. I’ve been watching the West Wing lately and when an episode ends the subtitles are off when the next one starts. I think this is happening on other streamers too.

Happens to me on Hulu. I set up the subtitles and they work fine until each block of commercials, at which time the subtitles disappear and I have to keep resetting them.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Happens to me on Hulu. I set up the subtitles and they work fine until each block of commercials, at which time the subtitles disappear and I have to keep resetting them.
West Wing is HBO Max so either more then one streamer is doing it or it’s the fault of the ATV. It sucks.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Not strictly an ATV4K problem, but I thought you might be interested. Got a new LG for the living room and moved the old LG to the master. A year or two ago when I got a new ATV4K I put the ATV into a closet and brought it back out to use in the master.

Everything went fine until it came time to sign into our subscription to Apple TV+. I’d sign in and no objection to the password and my iphone would issue me a number to enter on the ATV. No problem, except the ATV never offered an entry screen. I called Apple Tech. The gal worked with me for 45’ or so and then upgraded me to a senior support pension.

The first thing he did was ask for my serial number and when he entered it he said “I know what’s wrong.” My old ATV was a version 3 and it was designed and built before the two-step verification came out. The solution was to enter a “decorated password.” When it came to entering the password, immediately after the pw (and without a space) I entered the 6 digit number my phone gave me. Poof, I’m logged in. Took less than 5 minutes.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Does anyone know if Dune has Atmos if watching in HD on an AppleTV 4K?

I have an Atmos system but only HD projector. (Going to buy AppleTV 4K.)

Dune left the Atmos screen at my local theater. Deciding where / how to watch. Thanks.

(crossposting here and the HBOmax streaming thread :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks