Anyone Upgrade Their Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX Receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Stan T, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone upgraded their Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX receiver to include the firewire input. According to Pioneer's website you can bring the receiver to their office in Long Beach, CA & for $500 upgrade the receiver to make it just like the new VSX-49TXI (firewire input & other things). You have to bring cash & the offer is good until July 31st of this year.

If so does the firewire input on the receiver & the 47AI make a huge difference in sound for DVD-audio & SACD. I'm considering getting mine done & buying the 47AI for the firewire input if there is a huge difference in sound for DVD-audio & SACD.

Does the firewire allow you to use tone controls for bass & treble on DVD-audio & SACD? What other differences would the firewire input make over the original analog in inputs. How big is the difference in sound if I upgrade to the firewire inputs.

Thanks for your help.

2. Evelio Figueroa

Evelio Figueroa Second Unit

3. SC Trojan

SC Trojan Agent

Evelio,

question- with sacd/dvd-audio you can no longer use the MACC EQ correct? can you use MACC with the firewire connection? MACC is the ONLY reason I bought the pioneer in the first place. the custom EQ makes a huge difference in my room. thanks

4. Evelio Figueroa

5. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Evelio is there any upgrade for a firewire input on the 47A DVD player or do I have to sell mine & buy the 47AI?

6. Evelio Figueroa

7. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Is it hard to hook up the I-link? I'm not sure what you meant from read the instructions carefully.

Also does the 47AI have the compressed mode for the non-anamorphic DVDs so I can leave my DVD player in progressive mode on non-anamorphic DVDs? My T.V. locks in fullmode with a progressive signal so I usually put the 47A in compressed mode when I watch non-anamorphic DVDs. I don't want to lost that feature if I upgrade to the 47AI.

8. Evelio Figueroa

9. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Emilio does the firewire input sound significantly better than the analog multi adjust on the 49TX? The analog multi adjust would let you use tone controls & bass management, etc. Is there is a night & day difference between the two? If so I guess I'll go ahead & upgrade & get the new DVD player.

10. Evelio Figueroa

11. Gary Rhine

Gary Rhine Stunt Coordinator

When playing a DVD video with the pioneer vsx-49txi do you get 5.1 or 7.1 with derived side channels?