What's new

Should I upgrade from Yamaha RX-V2095 to Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX/47TX? (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Hello,

I am currently using a Yamaha RX-V2095 to run my HT set-up. I've had this unit for a couple of years now and I have no complaints about it whatsoever. I'm getting the itch to upgrade, however, and the Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX/47TX receivers are my top candidates for a replacement unit. I had given some thought to the Denon AVR-5803, but from everything I've read the 49TX is its' equal or superior in every way at a lesser price and the 47TX is not too far behind. I had also thought about the Yamaha RX-Z1, but I can get a better price on the Elite units and they are THX Ultra 2 certified and have more features than the Yamaha. So, my question is this--should I take the plunge and upgrade to one of the Elite units over my 2095? I don't consider myself a home theater expert or certified audiophile, but I do have a pretty good ability to judge what sounds good and what does not. Over the past couple of years, I've thoroughly enjoyed the HT experience my 2095 provides and I just want to make sure that the 49/47TX will meet or exceed my expectations. Has anyone in here changed from a Yamaha 2095 to a Pioneer Elite and if so, what are your opinions on upgrading? Also, I'm thinking about buying another sub(a B&W ASW-600)when I upgrade receivers and I was just wondering if anyone here is using dual subs with an Elite unit. If so, what are your opinions of two subs vs. one? I would really appreciate your opinions and comments as it will help me to decide what to do next. Thanks.

Danny-H

Auditioning
besides the new formats/flexability etc..the new Pioneer Elites sound in my opnion alot better then the Yamaha's.The rxv2095 was a nice peice then.Yamaha doesn't go the THX route for who knows what reason......

I think if you want a bang for your buck Id really consider the vsx47tx.It has the same amp section but looses some features like video upconverting and inputs.

I have alot of experience with all the above receivers.Pioneer Elite got my vote completely.

Do you have B&W speakers as well???

2 sub's vs 1???well thats a good question.I perfer 1 sub.2 makes things harder to setup but can smooth out performance.

The B&W asw600 is a nice sounding sub.I put in many of them.I like the new B&W subs very musical.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
While I cannot make comparisons to your Yamaha receiver, I really like my Pioneer 47TX. I previously owned a Sony 50ES receiver, and the Pioneer is a noticable improvement over that outdated, but solid, receiver. There is more clarity in the overall sound -- especially in the center channel. Also, the MCACC auto-calibration system works very well, and helped smooth out some of the room acoustic problems I was experiencing. The Pioneer also works well with my B&W 600 Series speakers, providing ample power to the 604 towers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks