What's new

Pioneer Offers Firewire Upgrade For VSX-49TX Receiver Owners (1 Viewer)

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I reported this in the audio/video forum a couple of days ago but it's buried in the pages now. I thought I'd post it here in case someone has a Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX receiver & wants to upgrade to the firewire that the VSX-49TXI has for the SACD/DVD-audio.
"I didn't know if anyone had seen this yet so I'll post the link. Pioneer is offering a firewire upgrade for the VSX-49TX receivers for $500 at authorized Pioneer service centers.
Evelio I know you would probably be interested in this also. I'm going to have mine upgraded.
"Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today announces that consumers who own a VSX-49TX Pioneer Elite reference audio/video receiver can purchase an upgrade that will modify the receiver to include an I.Link firewire connection. In essence, the upgrade will make the unit virtually equivalent to the newly introduced VSX-49TXi. The availability of the firewire connections allows consumers with a one-wire solution to connect to other audio/video products with similar capabilities, such as the Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai."
I found the link on their website:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...9,92308,00.html
No mention as to whether they would be able to do the same for the DV-47A. If anyone finds out that they could do the same for the DVD player please post."

DanielSmi

Second Unit
I posted this at the "unofficial official" 49tx forum a couple weeks ago and have also mentioned it at this forum a couple times.
It has been reported herethat the dv-47a will not be upgradable or at least that one hasn't been announced. But don't hold your breath. I could be wrong though, they just might do one.
Daniel Smith

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
In essence, the upgrade will make the unit virtually equivalent to the newly introduced VSX-49TXi.
The fortynineTXi has more than just firewire/i-link. It has a "Color burst" adjustment, Pioneer Video converter, Hi-Bit/Hi-Sampling, and Data copy for 2 Custom Acoustic Calibration EQ settings. (I could be missing something else.) Will the upgrade include these features? If this upgrade makes the fortynineTX "virtually equivalent," I'd say its worth it.

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone posted a review yet that has compared the sound differences between the 49TX analog inputs to the 49TXI firewire inputs on DVD-audio & SACD to see how much better the sound is with the firewire inputs. Is it worth it? Is it a night & day difference?

Would this allow you to use the tone controls (bass & treble), & everything else that you can do with the digital inputs on regular CDs?

Evelio I am waiting until after January CES to upgrade the firewire inputs on my VSX-49TX receiver to see if Pioneer will be releasing a new flagship DVD player with the firewire inputs.

If they aren't then I might upgrade my DV-47A DVD player to the DV-47AI. I'll also check to see if there is an upgrade for my DV-47A DVD player after CES if they aren't releasing a new flagship DVD player.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
Evelio I am waiting until after January CES to upgrade the firewire inputs on my VSX-49TX receiver to see if Pioneer will be releasing a new flagship DVD player with the firewire inputs.
Could this be the DV-49AVI? I hope so. Thing is, I have to be carefull on purchasing high dollar items since I'm now a home owner. :frowning: Oh, I think you mean outputs instead of inputs for the flagship DVD player.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
My dealer has some info on the 49TX upgrade. This is what he told me.
Pioneer's regional trainer says that the upgrade has not as yet been finalized. The intention of the upgrade is to make an existing VSX-49TX "virtually equivalent" to the VSX-49TXi and that it will be done "through" authorized Elite dealers. You can get ongoing updates or other information by calling 1-800-421-1404.
I was going to pass up the upgrade, but since it'll be "virtually equivalent," I'm going for it! :D
As for upgrading my DV-47A, I'm going to wait for the next unit,(DV-57Ai) or HD-DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks