What's new

Pioneer Elite VSX-LX504 Bluetooth Issue (1 Viewer)

BHLevesque

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Levesque
Hi,

I purchased a Pioneer Elite VSX-LX504 and everything works great, except for two things:
1. Wifi - it does not see any networks. I got around this by plugging it in wired to my network.
2. Bluetooth - the instructions state that when you hit the bluetooth button on the remote, it should display "now pairing" on the unit display. This never happens. It just says "Bluetooth" and then will display "---". I tried powering off, unplugging, and tried a few things that Pioneer suggested. I then have now reset / cleared all settings back to factory settings and still have the same result.

I have this as 5.1 for our main TV, plus 2 speakers in zone 2 that also can work with the 2nd HDMI output to another TV, and then 3rd zone speakers outside connected to a speaker selector. It all works wonderful for the most part. Zone 3 i realized I can't play the TV sound outside, so generally we just use that zone for music via AirPlay currently (as Bluetooth isn't working).

AirPlay works (my phone sees the receiver on the network) to play music through any of the 3 zones. Bluetooth has never worked.

I will likely have to disconnect everything and bring it into Best Buy to have them look at it and confirm if this is a defect with the product, which is not ideal. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen.

Aside from that, the AirPlay can be strange where it will play fine for hours, and then if you switch the artist/song on your phone to something else, the AirPlay, receiver, and the Pioneer iPhone app will still show that the music is playing but nothing comes out of the speakers. To fix this I have to restart the phone and usually that will resolve it. Just an odd and annoying bug there too.

Thanks,
Brian
Pioneer VSX-LX504 Receiver Bluetooth.jpg

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You probably need to connect the antennas, which are probably in an accessory bag in the box. AirPlay works because you have Ethernet connected.

BHLevesque

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Levesque
You probably need to connect the antennas, which are probably in an accessory bag in the box. AirPlay works because you have Ethernet connected.
The Bluetooth antennas are attached to the unit by default - two plastic antennas for wifi and Bluetooth.

BHLevesque

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Levesque
Well Best Buy couldnt help so the only option is to ship it to an authorized service center. Ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks