What's new

Anyone own rotel amps or preamps? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
The more I think about this the more I think I need to just bite the bullit and go seperates. But for the price I think Im looking into Rotel. They are even a better deal compared to the discounts I get on krell, sunfire, etc. Lol. But I was just curious if anyone has any experience with them. Do they sound "bright" "mellow", do they have enough power? Do I need to go to a bigger rotel amp, or is a smaller one enough?

Im interested in the RSP-1066 and RB-1080. Thanks again.

aaron campbell

Second Unit
Jesse, If you sell a/v gear, why can't you make a decision yourself? Youv'e started numerous threads from entry level receivers to high end Krell, yet want forum recomendations. Just doesn't make any sense. If you can get the discounts you say you can, than do it already! Sorry to rant, but all these threads you have are ridiculous.

Aaron

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
No offense Jesse, but thank you Aaron!!

I don't understand these things either.
Why are you not listening to this stuff yourself?
You don't seem to be listening to the suggestions you've received here.
Have you asked your co-workers? What do they say?
Are you able to take the equipment home to demo? Couldn't you stay after work one nite and do some listening?
Like Aaron says it's not adding up that you work at a place and don't know about this equipment.
Why start multiple threads? Just keep using the same one.
No don't, just make a decison! You're gonna turn people off and then get no help.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Ok well instead of jumping to conclusions and yelling at me how bout you ask nicely why. I dont work in home audio, If you may have noticed in my profile or in some posts I have made. I dont know a whole lot about this stuff. So Im curious Im trying to learn. But if thats the way you guys want to be I wont make any more posts!

Jason GT

Second Unit
Jesse,

Regardless of what department you work in, I think there have been many attempts to answer your questions and provide suggestions per your requests. Ultimately it is YOU that has to make the decision (and even this has been stated before). What is right for me is not necessarily right for anybody else. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR LISTENING.

There are many fine audio products out there. As you work at an AV store, take advantage of it (and I don't mean just employee discounts). Ask your coworkers. LISTEN to the stuff. Play with it. You'll actually be able to get your hands on nice stuff without getting dirty looks from staff. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR LISTENING.

Stop thinking, and start doing -- set a goal, set a budget, shortlist stuff to audition, audition, and pull the bloody trigger. Ultimately we "don't care" what you end up with as none of us is ever gonna hear it. You have to satisfy yourself. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR LISTENING.

You can ask for suggestions and waffle 'til you're blue in the face, but we can't decide for you (well, I'm guessing some of us would be very happy to help, for a fee). Do yourself a favour -- if you're really into this, get out and LISTEN to the equipment.

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator
Man this place is starting to sound like a cigar board I frequent. Jesse to answer your question, regardless if you read what I'm about to say, I have owned the 1066 and it is a very nice piece. The 1080 is just a 2 channel amp. Did you know this? Are you not going to do HT? I had the RMB 1075 which is 120x5. And I also liked it. But you have to listen. Now I don't know what you do. Your profile says that you are a...

Now that would tell me that you sell car audio, correct? If so then does the shop you work for also sell HT equipment? If they do...and they carry Rotel, stay late one night or skip lunch and listen to the pieces you're interested in. Also what speakers are you going to be running? All this comes inot play. The Rotel amp is very smooth and accurate. When I had it hooked up to my NHTs I heard things out of my surrounds that I have never heard. I was very impressed with Rotel. If I ever go back to separates I would go back to Rotel.

I will apologize for the way you were treated on this tread. I have not been coming here as often, but I guess you have others threads asking similar questions. So I guess if I read them all and gave responses to them I might be able to see their point of view. But I haven't so I can answer this without anything clouding my thoughts.

Good luck.

Mike:D

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Jesse I own a Rotel RMB-1095. It makes my speakers sing. If you want answers to Rotel question head over to Club Rotel at the following link.

Club Rotel

Kevin

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Well thank you guys. First a few things. I just had 2 days off and right before I got home I learned that I would be able to upgrade. So this has been stuck in my head all weekend, also I cant go listen to alot of this stuff. But I did decide to go with a yamah rxv-1400. I am picking up tommorrow.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
jesse,

im in your neck of the woods, i work for a locally well known high end audio company, give me a visit sometime, ill let you recommend your own gear.

btw, i was a soundtrack veteran, so i know your gear too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks