What's new

Anyone know when Ally McBeal will be released on DVD? (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
Seasons 1-4 of Ally McBeal are now available on DVD in Australia and the U.K. Does anyone know when these will be released here in Region 1? The only thing available here is the "Ally on Sex and the Single Life" 2-disc set, which I already have...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As we just discussed elsewhere on HTF (I forget where), the "Sex" best-of-Ally disc set didn't do too well. Probably because they WEREN'T season sets.
I'm sure Fox will get around to season sets for Ally in R1 sooner or later.
However, I'm sure that will be pushed back because, somewhere in Fox, there will be that exec who says "Ally had her DVD shot and blew it...let's do (this title) instead".
So, we Ally fans must suffer with 6 S1 shows that aren't necessarily representative of the best the show had to offer. Pre-Ling, even! :eek:

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Only Series 1 is available in Australia; it was released through a single online retailer who paid for it to be produced and not sold to stores as FOX couldn't see the demand for the set and didn't want to pay for its production. Only Series 4 has been released in the UK; France has Series 1 and 4. Series 1 doesn't appear to have sold to well in Australia, either, as only 2,000 were produced and they still haven't sold them all.

nousername

Supporting Actor
Sorry if I was mistaken about seasons 1-4 being available in Australia...
Anyway, here is some more info on the availability of Ally McBeal in other countries:
Link Removed
Also, I've been informed that all of season 3 is available in Japan on dvd...
Personally, I just want Season 1 and Season 2. The show jumped the shark when Billy died, IMHO...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks