What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I was trying to hold out on my next cancel and re-enroll until new movies started coming out again, but I had Black Widow targeted as my next "full price" selection, and now that's been delayed an entire year at least. Since I haven't taken advantage of any VIP offers, I might as well re-enroll and get six more movies. (Plus, the next enrollment should complete my animated and Pixar blu-ray collection except for those don't exist.)

What are the current promo codes?

The last I checked these are the current active codes
66106 Toy Story "Woody" Blanket 5 for $1, up to 2 Bonus picks (1st commit) leaving 2 further commitments with Lifetime Free Shipping

62026 and 71374 -- 101 Dalmatians Blanket with the rest the same

I can't remember when you signed up last -- was it after the 'Update' where they moved the Bonus picks after the 5 item signup and gave you the list of 45-50 choices?

This is the last known list of listed Bonus Items from early Aug and Sept. It may have changed a little since then since they usually rotate a couple titles per month. If you noticed anything extra or missing, please post it, Of course if you don't want/need these you can also call/chat afterwards to change/add a different eligible item (most of the enrollment eligible items should qualify, but there are always some random non-qualified titles)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I don't remember much about my last sign up. I think it was after the site got redesigned. Based on when I redeemed the digital codes for the enrollment movies, it would be late January/early February.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember much about my last sign up. I think it was after the site got redesigned. Based on when I redeemed the digital codes for the enrollment movies, it would be late January/early February.

Sounds like you at least know how the site currently works. I still see people being confused over the Bonus picks not realizing they only show up after hitting the submit order button (assuming you sign up on the website) and also not knowing they do have an option to change those picks (or any of the picks for that matter) by phone/chat if you contact them fairly soon after.

I do find having the current Bonus List allows a better plan assuming at least one of the items you want is definitely on the official list. That allows you to choose some not off that list during the initial selection and then choose off the menu when the Bonus pops up. Saves having to contact them at all

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Yeah, I usually reserve a relatively recent movie or group of movies for the bonus pick. And I only do one bonus because it's more cost effective. After a few rounds, I realized that my average cost per movie was actually less than $8.95, and taking the extra movie decreased the pool to choose from on future enrollments.

I figure at least one of Frozen II, Dumbo, or Aladdin should be available for the bonus pick.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I'd say that's nearly a given. There seem to be a few titles that regularly rotate on/off the list, but most of things like Frozen and Aladdin tend to stay on for long periods of time. Dumbo seems like a title that is more likely to rotate off like Maleficent and a couple of the older Marvel films.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Today in the mail, I got a offer to rejoin the DMC. I have not really analyzed the offer and the T&Cs, but the odd part was, as far as I know I am still a member.

In fact, I just received my last order of discs a couple weeks ago.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I don't believe its sales numbers as much as the age of the people selecting the titles they release. I believe this is true for both the Disney Movie Club and Disney+. Early Exclusives were nearly all classic era live action they obviously sold well or they wouldn't have continued releasing them. I know I have over 20 classic titles from the line.
I agree 100%!
“Shaggy Dog-never heard of it “
“Darby O’Gill - no way” !

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Today in the mail, I got a offer to rejoin the DMC. I have not really analyzed the offer and the T&Cs, but the odd part was, as far as I know I am still a member.

In fact, I just received my last order of discs a couple weeks ago.

I've gotten a couple of those over the years. Normally they've tended to be pretty decent T&C. The last few I've gotten have been premium offers with permanent FS and minimum commitments.
Those sort of mailing are often where these sign up codes originate since they tend to be generic and not one time use.

I'm not sure why they send them to current members, but I;ve always suspected some part of the CSR bonuses is for number of NEW ENROLLEES. That's why when you call to cancel they barely give you the hard sell at all (unlike almost every other service I've ever been part of) AND why they really don't care if you sign up a dozen times with the special deals.

If you don't mind, once you get a chance to look at the details I'd love to know the PROMO code attached if it's one of those with 2 Final Commitments and esp if there's a Blanket attached.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I've gotten a couple of those over the years. Normally they've tended to be pretty decent T&C. The last few I've gotten have been premium offers with permanent FS and minimum commitments.
Those sort of mailing are often where these sign up codes originate since they tend to be generic and not one time use.

I'm not sure why they send them to current members, but I;ve always suspected some part of the CSR bonuses is for number of NEW ENROLLEES. That's why when you call to cancel they barely give you the hard sell at all (unlike almost every other service I've ever been part of) AND why they really don't care if you sign up a dozen times with the special deals.

If you don't mind, once you get a chance to look at the details I'd love to know the PROMO code attached if it's one of those with 2 Final Commitments and esp if there's a Blanket attached.

My mistake.

The offer does know I am a member...they call it a re-enrollment offer where my existing membership is cancelled and a new one starts.

Five titles for a penny (from a limited selection brochure), you then need to buy 3, but can buy the first two at discounted prices, free shipping forever, and a free 101 Dalmatians blanket.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
My mistake.

The offer does know I am a member...they call it a re-enrollment offer where my existing membership is cancelled and a new one starts.

Five titles for a penny (from a limited selection brochure), you then need to buy 3, but can buy the first two at discounted prices, free shipping forever, and a free 101 Dalmatians blanket.

The first 2 commitments are discounted? If the first 2 are discounted then that's an improved deal and means only one full priced item. Is there a 5 digit code attached somewhere -- often at the bottom of the page. If there is a 5 digit code, I wonder if you could use that on the website (or phone enrollment) and get the option of any of the enrollment eligible titles -- I think there are 220- 250 BD now that qualify.

More semi-confirmed information coming out that 4K Mulan 1998 and 2020 (and 2020 BD) are still on the docket for Nov 10 despite the lack of any live preorders or a Press release. There are pictures of the 2020 4K and someone said their BBY actually slated to get stock soon (if not already)

Bill Hunt put out a short paragraph today or yesterday which seems to confirm it,

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
The first 2 commitments are discounted? If the first 2 are discounted then that's an improved deal and means only one full priced item. Is there a 5 digit code attached somewhere -- often at the bottom of the page. If there is a 5 digit code, I wonder if you could use that on the website (or phone enrollment) and get the option of any of the enrollment eligible titles -- I think there are 220- 250 BD now that qualify.

More semi-confirmed information coming out that 4K Mulan 1998 and 2020 (and 2020 BD) are still on the docket for Nov 10 despite the lack of any live preorders or a Press release. There are pictures of the 2020 4K and someone said their BBY actually slated to get stock soon (if not already)

Bill Hunt put out a short paragraph today or yesterday which seems to confirm it,

Ok, another correction. Just the first commitment is $11.95. You can buy a 2nd title at $8.95, but it does not count. There is a “valued member” code: 61956. And another unlabeled code.

I find no indication that you can do it online, but they do reference the full T&Cs at joinDMC.com.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The 61956 sounds pretty much a carbon copy of 62026 and 71374 codes. Always nice to have extras since the codes do eventually expire usually after a year or so.

I entered the code and it does come up with the 5 for $1, FS and 3 commits. It doesn't mention a blanket, but if your letter does it certainly should be included.
If you do it that way you have to cancel your current acct, wait for it the purge the system, than start from scratch, but it does allow the full catalog of eligible titles.

Not sure what the 7 digit number is unless it's your DMC ID in which case I might edit it out.

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I might have done this before, but here's why I don't get the $8.95 bonus pick:

Assuming a 5 for $1 promo, $11.95 first commitment, and free shipping....
Cheapest option for last two commitments is $19.95 each. $52.85 total. Average of $6.60 per movie.
Last two commitments at $24.95 each. $62.85 total, $7.86 average.
Last two commitments at $29.95 each. $72.85 total, $9.10 average.

As you can tell, adding an $8.95 movie on top of that would actually raise the average in most cases. If you get two commitments at $29.95, the average would drop to $9.08 per movie.

Meanwhile, if I get an extra movie now, that's one less to choose from in the next order.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Generally I don't think that many people do the cancel/re-enroll thing like some of us have done so a $9 movie is still pretty good depending on how you choose your items.
A few years ago the min commitment price was 29.95 at least officially so it did make more sense then.

2016/2017 it seems they dropped the commitment to 19.95. Even under the worst scenario it's only $2 extra (0.25 per item) and you get it now instead of later. There honestly just haven;t been that many 19.95 selections to choose from and the more common 24.95 scenario you're talking $0.12 per item extra .

I get a bit more confused by people who choose enrollment items that are routinely $5-7 dump bins items as there picks.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
In case anyone is wondering, the only option DMC has for the 2011 Winnie-the-Pooh movie during enrollment is DVD only. It did warn me while I was ordering, but I took a chance, thinking it might be referring to the "DVD + blu-ray" edition that comes in a DVD case. I guessed incorrectly, but ordered the edition I wanted elsewhere with a gift card earned from a rewards program.

It was the last movie I needed to complete my animated set on blu-ray, except for the ones that haven't gotten a blu-ray release.

Of the 58 animated canon films, 5 aren't on blu-ray (Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, Melody Time, Make Mine Music, Black Cauldron).
Of the 53 remaining, I got 44 from DMC, and 5 from Disney Movie Rewards. I had 2 prior to starting, and purchased 2 through other means along the way.

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I get a bit more confused by people who choose enrollment items that are routinely $5-7 dump bins items as there picks.

I can understand that one a bit, as I'm sure I've done it myself a few times. I just assume that all Disney movies sell for a premium, and don't always check Amazon before setting up a DMC order.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
In case anyone is wondering, the only option DMC has for the 2011 Winnie-the-Pooh movie during enrollment is DVD only. It did warn me while I was ordering, but I took a chance, thinking it might be referring to the "DVD + blu-ray" edition that comes in a DVD case. I guessed incorrectly, but ordered the edition I wanted elsewhere with a gift card earned from a rewards program.

Did you sign-up today? If so you could probably contact them and have them change it to another item you'd rather have that is eligible.
If it's already been a day or two, it's likely already moved to processing and they can't switch things.

For whatever reason -- Winnie the Pooh (2011) Bluray isn't available at all and appears to be OOP. The last time I checked I don't think any of the DVD+ Bluray packagings are eligible for enrollment at least officially. I know they discontinued most of the old items with the Digital XML Disc, but most of them they re-released with a std Digital code sheet, but not this item.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks