What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Yet another oddity -- it seems about half the folks are seeing Spies in Disguise, the other half the Pinocchio/LatT.
I've seen small numbers of folks get different selections, but never quite this big of a split

For some reason, I had two Featured Selections to decline this month.

LatT/Pinocchio two-pack, and also Robin Hood. I have been a member for less than 1 year, but I don't recall having two FS's to decline in the same month. I may have fat fingered something, but I have two separate decline confirmations in my inbox.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

LatT/Pinocchio two-pack, and also Robin Hood. I have been a member for less than 1 year, but I don't recall having two FS's to decline in the same month. I may have fat fingered something, but I have two separate decline confirmations in my inbox.

Same for me. I had to do two separate declines. I am getting ready to drop the club.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Same here. There's just no more Disney that I want to buy.

Yeah, it just ran its course with me.

I canceled over a year ago. Then the last remaining exclusives (20,000 Leagues and Black Hole) were released. So I joined again.

However, there are no more exclusives and quite frankly, I am just not buying many titles anymore unless they are digital.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, it just ran its course with me.

I canceled over a year ago. Then the last remaining exclusives (20,000 Leagues and Black Hole) were released. So I joined again.

However, there are no more exclusives and quite frankly, I am just not buying many titles anymore unless they are digital.
I have to be honest with you, I'm glad I resisted the urge to rejoin because I already had those two title in my digital library and knew that Disney+ was coming.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

Same here but I believe that's normal based on a 4 week cycle for Featured Selections. I declined Robin Hood around the first of the month (I check the site a couple of times per week and decline as soon as I see one appear - always a week or so before the mailing arrives).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Same for me. I had to do two separate declines. I am getting ready to drop the club.

Same here but I believe that's normal based on a 4 week cycle for Featured Selections. I declined Robin Hood around the first of the month (I check the site a couple of times per week and decline as soon as I see one appear - always a week or so before the mailing arrives).

There are 15 FT during the year -- 13 normal 4 week cycles during the year, plus 2 special seasonal cycles in Mid March and Mid October. Those extras come up on a predictable basis, but it always seems to cause confusion with the extra declines. If you decline the 1st day then you may not even realize that the 3 FT came so close together. If you don't Decline immediately, then after the 2 week elapse you can see the dual FT.

A bit of extra work, but then I'll take it when my SW 4K arrive today -- 8 items for $140 vs $250+ elsewhere. I'll get the SW9 Steelbook from BBY next week to finish the whole set. When international sites open back up I'll probably end up with ROS 3D as well -- Pokemon syndrome and gotta have them all.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

Same here, had to decline twice.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
With pre-order purchase of Rise of Skywalker (which arrived yesterday) I fulfilled my obligation with a per title average of $7.64. I *did* count the 3 Santa Clause movies as individual titles even though I purchased the 3-pack. Even not doing that it was generally a bargain for what I got (that would change it to $9.03 each).

With that pre-order of RoS I was able to snag the new BR of Scarecrow of Romney Marsh for $12.48 (also included in the average above). I'm quite happy with that one at that price before averaging things.

Here are the titles I got for enrollment and used to fulfill (all BR unless otherwise indicated):

Incredibles 2
The Swiss Family Robinson
Ralph Breaks the Internet
The Black Hole
Captain Marvel
Treasure Island
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh
The Sword & the Rose (DVD)
The Santa Clause - Exclusive 3 pack
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Free shipping on everything (the offer terms), a free blanket, and a free Frozen 2 scarf (one of the granddaughters will love that).

I doubt I'll take advantage of the 60% off now that I've fulfilled (will probably just cancel) but...

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I doubt I'll take advantage of the 60% off now that I've fulfilled (will probably just cancel) but...

I'd take the contrary stance suggest not cancelling now with that B160% offer just sitting there even if only for a few months just to see. If that's your Reward Offer from becoming a new VIP it shouldn't ever expire (the expiration say Dec 31, xxxx but in the past has rolled over to the next year if not used) and other than minute or two every 4 weeks or so to decline the FT there's nothing else you need to except wait and see what may show up. There isn't a minimum per year requirement and I have know people that haven't bought things for years who are still enrolled more out of inertia than anything els

I'm not yet convinced the Exclusive series is dead and buried. There's still 2 more compilations and The Black Cauldron from the Canon that are staring at folks and obviously a ton of items that would fit wonderfully in the line. At least there's hope

The first title last year wasn't announced until late March and it's never been predictable anyway. I'm also still highly optimistic that Fantasia will be re-released in November maybe for the last time for the 80th Anniversary -- we can all hope for a Ultra HD presentation and a lot of people are still hanging on that the Classic Animation Features will eventually get a UHD.

With the Excellent Promo codes now appearing inactive (hopefully temporary) it would make it much harder and costly to get back to your current level again. I have had a tendency to cycle enrollments every year or two, but with the current Promo Code issue I suspect my current enrollment may be active for a long time

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I usually cycle accounts - but only every couple or three years as there's typically not much from Disney I want (it was a few select classic BR that got me back in this time). I normally leave accounts open a few months "just in case" but rarely take advantage of any additional offers...

That said, if they'd re-release Davey Crockett I'd be on it in a split second. I missed the Treasures edition years ago (hem-hawed until it went OOS).

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I joined this week so that I can pick up the Star Wars discs.

I'm waiting for the buy one get 60% off.

My one concern now is to be sure that I get the last Jedi reissue. It includes new extras.

I will most likely buy a few more titles beyond Star Wars this year too.

I noted they have exclusives that have digital copies on some older titles too. Like dumbo, Alice and aristocats

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Some good news on a new promotional code

EDIT:
thanks to moneydemon3 at bluray.com
101 Dalmatians Blanket
5 for $1 + 2 optional bonus + Lifetime Free Shipping
Not 100% sure of number of required commitments but it looks similar to the last Dalmatians code above so guessing 3 total (or 2 if you select Bonus title #1)

Be careful entering promo codes on the enrollment site since the code doesn't always attach properly. This is the page you should be seeing to start

disneymovieclub.go.com/magic?catalogId=10051&categoryId=&offerId=62026

Screenshot_2020-03-31 Disney Movie Club Disney movies on Blu-ray, DVD Digital Code.jpg

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Some good news on a new promotional code

EDIT:
thanks to moneydemon3 at bluray.com
101 Dalmatians Blanket
5 for $1 + 2 optional bonus + Lifetime Free Shipping
Not 100% sure of number of required commitments but it looks similar to the last Dalmatians code above so guessing 3 total (or 2 if you select Bonus title #1)

I used the same code. Some of my titles arrived today. Waiting on the 60% off coupon to order 10 of the Star Wars films.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
VIP status was upgraded last week. I placed an order yesterday.

I received my 60% offer today and ordered 9 of the Star Wars discs. Rise of skywalker was still $30 so I’ll get it somewhere else.
I paid $35 for my first Star Wars title and the rest were $14 each.

I have solo on UHd already. I’m not sure if I will receive the updated last Jedi disc. If not I’ll order the other one later from the club.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Has anybody heard anything regarding the status of the yellow blu-ray exclusives line? I just got Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh in my mailbox yesterday. Loved it! As far as I know, there haven't been any other exclusives since that one came out, correct? And it looks like it was released in August or September 2019. By my count, that's at least six months since anything was even released, let alone announced. Starting to wonder if we're ever going to see The Shaggy Dog; That Darn Cat; Johnny Tremain; The Happiest Millionaire; Follow Me, Boys; or any other Walt-era classic released through the club. Has anyone heard anything about this line continuing in 2020?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Has anybody heard anything regarding the status of the yellow blu-ray exclusives line? I just got Dr. Syn, Alias the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh in my mailbox yesterday. Loved it! As far as I know, there haven't been any other exclusives since that one came out, correct? And it looks like it was released in August or September 2019. By my count, that's at least six months since anything was even released, let alone announced. Starting to wonder if we're ever going to see The Shaggy Dog; That Darn Cat; Johnny Tremain; The Happiest Millionaire; Follow Me, Boys; or any other Walt-era classic released through the club. Has anyone heard anything about this line continuing in 2020?
Since 2018 they have released very few of their classic live action films. The exclusives lined started great and then dissolved into mostly 1990's and 2000's films of little interest to collectors of classic Walt Disney. The line does appear to be dead now. You would think because of Disney+ but after launch they have yet to add a classic live action film, just a couple tv movies. So there doesn't seem to be much interest in releasing them. There are around a 100 titles I would purchase or love to see added to Disney+ but hope is dwindling.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Romney Marsh was released October 2019.

The first Exclusive in 2019 wasn;t released until late April and since they never announced prereleases it's hard to know what they were/are thinking. The only time we ever knew more than a few days ahead of time was if a DMC Rep mentioned it to someone who asked and when the old DMR site put up a COMING SOON banner.

I'm not giving up hope yet that there is still something in the pipeline.

While you can say that many of the items they listed were of little value to collectors or classic Disney, I'm going to guess they were very likely of greater sales value to DMC. Freaky Friday and Parent Trap remakes, Goofy Movie, Cool Runnings, Mighty Ducks, the Honey pair and even Holes and Natty Gann very likely outsold Romney Marsh (I do realize that several of these were 2017 releases). It's somewhat hard to know since I've never seen Unit Numbers of any of the DMC items, but I would love to be that fly on the wall.

Last edited:

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Agreed. It really would be nice to hear what they are discussing regarding this line. It just seems like the blu-ray exclusives line has been put on the back-burner at best due to the Disney+ rollout.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks