What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I don't believe its sales numbers as much as the age of the people selecting the titles they release. I believe this is true for both the Disney Movie Club and Disney+. Early Exclusives were nearly all classic era live action they obviously sold well or they wouldn't have continued releasing them. I know I have over 20 classic titles from the line.

David Norman

Premium
There was also bit of speculation in 2018 when they unleashed the torrent of Exclusives if that had something to do with getting D+ rollout ready. Normally they had been releasing 7-8 per year, but in 2018 they doubled that with 15 and then did 7 more BD in 2019. Basically 3 years worth in 20 months.

Were they just pushing everything planned up to free up resources for the Streaming debut with a planned delay on the physical side or were they spitting out most of the remaining items they may have in the pipeline to empty to coffers (planning to stop the program).

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'd be happy if they'd just re-release some of the Treasures line - especially Davy Crockett, Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox, and The Complete Goofy - on DVD or upgrade them all to BR like they did with Dr. Syn.

I'd even purchase Zorro again (for the 3rd time - I purchased the colorized DVDs and the properly done BW Treasures DVDs) if it got a BR release.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Has there been any discussion of Disney movie club expanding to include FOX titles too?

it would make a lot of sense.

David Norman

Premium
Has there been any discussion of Disney movie club expanding to include FOX titles too?

it would make a lot of sense.

Nothing specific, but Spies In Disguise is the first Fox title to be added to DMC a couple weeks ago. That should mean at least some of the Younger Age/Family items will eventually be included.

The more adult fare may go the route of the BV adult items like Bridge of Spies, etc and not be added. DMC has an area listed as Adult/Grown Up Titles, but it;s been mostly unchanged for a long time and is mostly filler material now. I can't remember the last itme added in that section and even most of those still fit more into Family Movie

Queen of Katwe in 2017
McFarland 2015

The Spike Lee groups
25th Hour / He Got Game 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray
Miracle At St. Anna / Summer of Sam 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray
in 2014 might the last truly GROWN UP films added

Most of the rest go back further -- Judge Dredd, Sweet Home Alabama, Joy Luck Club, Ed Wood, Cold Creek Manor, Hand that Rocks the Cradle

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Nothing specific, but Spies In Disguise is the first Fox title to be added to DMC a couple weeks ago. That should mean at least some of the Younger Age/Family items will eventually be included.

The more adult fare may go the route of the BV adult items like Bridge of Spies, etc and not be added. DMC has an area listed as Adult/Grown Up Titles, but it;s been mostly unchanged for a long time and is mostly filler material now. I can't remember the last itme added in that section and even most of those still fit more into Family Movie

Queen of Katwe in 2017
McFarland 2015

The Spike Lee groups
25th Hour / He Got Game 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray
Miracle At St. Anna / Summer of Sam 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray
in 2014 might the last truly GROWN UP films added

Most of the rest go back further -- Judge Dredd, Sweet Home Alabama, Joy Luck Club, Ed Wood, Cold Creek Manor, Hand that Rocks the Cradle

great! I didn’t realize that about spies! That is one I wanted to see too!

it makes sense to expand the club but who knows.

It would be good to know if mgm home video is going to universal this summer or if it stays with fox and then Disney maybe involved too.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
I just keep hoping that news will surface in the next few weeks that the coronavirus pandemic is starting to come to an end, that movie theaters and parks will reopen, and that Darby O'Gill and the Little People and Follow Me, Boys are announced as the newest exclusive blu-rays in the DMC line! :)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I just keep hoping that news will surface in the next few weeks that the coronavirus pandemic is starting to come to an end, that movie theaters and parks will reopen, and that Darby O'Gill and the Little People and Follow Me, Boys are announced as the newest exclusive blu-rays in the DMC line! :)
And while they’re at it, how about Six Days & Seven Nights (1998) and Captain Ron (1992).

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
So are we ever getting Never Cry Wolf or are they coming up with an excuse for why they can't show full-frontal adult male nudity?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
So, the DMC still has a "Customer Service" line (800-362-4587) listed on their website, but having frustrated myself to the nth degree attempting to find a way to reach a person, I'm left with the impression that that luxury is no longer available.

I'm also not getting a reply to a question about an order I sent to their "Contact Us" email address on the 24th (Friday), which is what I'm trying to reach them on the phone about.

They used to be EXCELLENT when you called with a question or problem. Is this to be attributed to COVID fallout, or just a New Normal that I hadn't yet come up against?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
So, the DMC still has a "Customer Service" line (800-362-4587) listed on their website, but having frustrated myself to the nth degree attempting to find a way to reach a person, I'm left with the impression that that luxury is no longer available.

I'm also not getting a reply to a question about an order I sent to their "Contact Us" email address on the 24th (Friday), which is what I'm trying to reach them on the phone about.

They used to be EXCELLENT when you called with a question or problem. Is this to be attributed to COVID fallout, or just a New Normal that I hadn't yet come up against?

I've never bothered calling; instead, I use the live chat. Last time I had to use it was the end of March with my last order. I needed a tracking number for a package. I started the chat, got the number and logged out in less than five minutes.

David Norman

Premium

The last few times I've called I've gotten the Long Wait due to staffing issues message and they've shortened their hrs considerably at night. Of course they never did weekends. I was able to get through early in the morning fairly quickly though

I've always found the chat to be by far the best answer, but even that is slower and you have to wait for a spot to open up during the time the Chat is available (11am - 8pm ET weekdays is the most frequent staffing) -- they don't appear to have long queue and the Open Chat option only opens when a rep is close to ready.

Open the My Account or My Club Page and watch for the LIVE CHAT (used to be OPEN CHAT) button to show up. Place an item or two in the cart often seems to trigger something even if that's not needed.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I didn't see the Live Chat option before, but now I know where to look for it.

All taken care of. Thank you both!

David Norman

Premium
I didn't see the Live Chat option before, but now I know where to look for it.

All taken care of. Thank you both!

It's not always there -- the button only shows up when the Chat People are online (8-10 hrs) and also available so the button comes and goes even during open hours so you sometimes have to wait a while (or even longer).

Edit -- I've reread that sentence about 5 times and I have a hard time diagraming the parts of speech.
Anyway -- Chat is open 11-Noon am ET most days and I think is closing 7-8pm ET most nights. PreCovid is was closer to 10am to at least 9pm and was down to 4-6 hrs or less per day at the worst periods.
Only a couple CSR seem to run the chat line at any given time.
They seem to keep their queue very short so once you Click Live Chat the wait is rarely more than a couple minutes.
If too many people are lined up, they just turn the button off until the line shortens so the Live button comes and goes frequently in the middle of the day so you have to keep watching.

Last edited:

Chip_HT

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chip
I was trying to hold out on my next cancel and re-enroll until new movies started coming out again, but I had Black Widow targeted as my next "full price" selection, and now that's been delayed an entire year at least. Since I haven't taken advantage of any VIP offers, I might as well re-enroll and get six more movies. (Plus, the next enrollment should complete my animated and Pixar blu-ray collection except for those don't exist.)

What are the current promo codes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarrySonyMHC