Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB?

Randy Korstick

Producer
Reaction score
I don't believe its sales numbers as much as the age of the people selecting the titles they release. I believe this is true for both the Disney Movie Club and Disney+. Early Exclusives were nearly all classic era live action they obviously sold well or they wouldn't have continued releasing them. I know I have over 20 classic titles from the line.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
There was also bit of speculation in 2018 when they unleashed the torrent of Exclusives if that had something to do with getting D+ rollout ready. Normally they had been releasing 7-8 per year, but in 2018 they doubled that with 15 and then did 7 more BD in 2019. Basically 3 years worth in 20 months.

Were they just pushing everything planned up to free up resources for the Streaming debut with a planned delay on the physical side or were they spitting out most of the remaining items they may have in the pipeline to empty to coffers (planning to stop the program).

Reactions: Osato

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
I'd be happy if they'd just re-release some of the Treasures line - especially Davy Crockett, Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox, and The Complete Goofy - on DVD or upgrade them all to BR like they did with Dr. Syn.

I'd even purchase Zorro again (for the 3rd time - I purchased the colorized DVDs and the properly done BW Treasures DVDs) if it got a BR release.

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
Has there been any discussion of Disney movie club expanding to include FOX titles too?

it would make a lot of sense.

Reactions: Darby67

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Has there been any discussion of Disney movie club expanding to include FOX titles too?

it would make a lot of sense.
Nothing specific, but Spies In Disguise is the first Fox title to be added to DMC a couple weeks ago. That should mean at least some of the Younger Age/Family items will eventually be included.

The more adult fare may go the route of the BV adult items like Bridge of Spies, etc and not be added. DMC has an area listed as Adult/Grown Up Titles, but it;s been mostly unchanged for a long time and is mostly filler material now. I can't remember the last itme added in that section and even most of those still fit more into Family Movie

Queen of Katwe in 2017
McFarland 2015

The Spike Lee groups
25th Hour / He Got Game 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray
Miracle At St. Anna / Summer of Sam 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray
in 2014 might the last truly GROWN UP films added

Most of the rest go back further -- Judge Dredd, Sweet Home Alabama, Joy Luck Club, Ed Wood, Cold Creek Manor, Hand that Rocks the Cradle

Reactions: Osato

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
Nothing specific, but Spies In Disguise is the first Fox title to be added to DMC a couple weeks ago. That should mean at least some of the Younger Age/Family items will eventually be included.

The more adult fare may go the route of the BV adult items like Bridge of Spies, etc and not be added. DMC has an area listed as Adult/Grown Up Titles, but it;s been mostly unchanged for a long time and is mostly filler material now. I can't remember the last itme added in that section and even most of those still fit more into Family Movie

Queen of Katwe in 2017
McFarland 2015

The Spike Lee groups
25th Hour / He Got Game 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray
Miracle At St. Anna / Summer of Sam 2-Movie Collection Blu-ray
in 2014 might the last truly GROWN UP films added

Most of the rest go back further -- Judge Dredd, Sweet Home Alabama, Joy Luck Club, Ed Wood, Cold Creek Manor, Hand that Rocks the Cradle
great! I didn’t realize that about spies! That is one I wanted to see too!

it makes sense to expand the club but who knows.

It would be good to know if mgm home video is going to universal this summer or if it stays with fox and then Disney maybe involved too.

Reactions: Kyrsten Brad

holtge

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Real Name
Gordon Holt
I just keep hoping that news will surface in the next few weeks that the coronavirus pandemic is starting to come to an end, that movie theaters and parks will reopen, and that Darby O'Gill and the Little People and Follow Me, Boys are announced as the newest exclusive blu-rays in the DMC line! :)

Kyrsten Brad

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Brad
I just keep hoping that news will surface in the next few weeks that the coronavirus pandemic is starting to come to an end, that movie theaters and parks will reopen, and that Darby O'Gill and the Little People and Follow Me, Boys are announced as the newest exclusive blu-rays in the DMC line! :)
And while they’re at it, how about Six Days & Seven Nights (1998) and Captain Ron (1992).

MatthewA

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Matthew
I want Fox titles added just because I'm starting to run out of movies to choose from.
How many of those will get "vaulted" for good to keep Uncle Remus company?

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgasingh307