What's new

Anyone join the DISNEY MOVIE CLUB? (1 Viewer)

JackieT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jackie
Winnie the Pooh 2011 is on D+ in HD and 5.1 so if you need a fix, you can watch anytime.

David Norman

Premium
A heads up

DMC Extra Seasonal Fall Title response date is by Monday 11/16

The normal Oct Cycle for some reason was extended a week so was 5 week and ended 11/9 instead of 11/2, but the Nov cycle was shortened to 3 weeks -- it started Nov 10 and you need to respond by 11/30 or you will be sent the current FT (Mulan in some version for most people)

I've never seen them change the dates away from a normal 28 day cycle before. Even with Christmas/New Year happens on Tuesday they've only bumped it 1 day at the most

lark144

Premium
Real Name
mark gross
A heads up

DMC Extra Seasonal Fall Title response date is by Monday 11/16

The normal Oct Cycle for some reason was extended a week so was 5 week and ended 11/9 instead of 11/2, but the Nov cycle was shortened to 3 weeks -- it started Nov 10 and you need to respond by 11/30 or you will be sent the current FT (Mulan in some version for most people)

I've never seen them change the dates away from a normal 28 day cycle before. Even with Christmas/New Year happens on Tuesday they've only bumped it 1 day at the most
They've also made it harder to find the featured title on their website.

It no longer comes up automatically when you click on the featured title email.

Nor is it in "offers" either, where it used to be.

I did a search for "featured title". No response to that, either.

Finally I found it in "My Club".

I think they are decreasing the time one can respond as well as making the featured title more difficult to find in order to sell more merchandise. And considering they haven't had anything of interest the last six months or more (& so far the stuff from Fox is all the material that was readily available, such as "Home Alone" & "The Sound of Music") I'm probably going to cancel very soon.

Paul Penna

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul

I didn't have any problem with the latest one yesterday. The email link sent me to a page where the featured title decision link was immediately and obviously apparent.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Nor is it in "offers" either, where it used to be.

I did a search for "featured title". No response to that, either.

Finally I found it in "My Club".

I think they are decreasing the time one can respond as well as making the featured title more difficult to find in order to sell more merchandise. And considering they haven't had anything of interest the last six months or more (& so far the stuff from Fox is all the material that was readily available, such as "Home Alone" & "The Sound of Music") I'm probably going to cancel very soon.

I didn't have that problem this morning when I clicked on the link from the email. After logging it, I landed on the Featured Title page without having to do anything else.

David Norman

Premium
I haven't noticed any problem with finding the FT. It pops up on my opening page and I can click on it, MY CLUB/Featured Title, and 1-2 email per week telling me to respond (even after I've declined) and the link in the post takes me to the correct page anyway.

Shortening a single cycle from 4 to 3 weeks and lengthening one from 4 to 5 is hard to make a big deal of esp when you can return anything anyway.

jayembee

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jerry
I haven't logged in to decline the latest Featured Title offer, but did I read the email right? It's the two versions of Mulan, but the original animated version is the UHD/BD edition while the live-action version is the BD/DVD edition? That's just...bizarre.

Of course, I just bought the Best Buy SteelBook UHD/BD editions of both the other day, so like every other FT offer for the past year, I don't need to accept.

David Norman

Premium
I haven't logged in to decline the latest Featured Title offer, but did I read the email right? It's the two versions of Mulan, but the original animated version is the UHD/BD edition while the live-action version is the BD/DVD edition? That's just...bizarre.

Of course, I just bought the Best Buy SteelBook UHD/BD editions of both the other day, so like every other FT offer for the past year, I don't need to accept.

That has been pretty typical. I could only find one instance where 2 brand new 4K were together as the FT and only a few instances of 2 4K of any sort even in the alternative FT (double or triple features). I'm not 100% sure if they want 2 new items or thing the cost of 2 4K is a bit much for the normal FT, but $45 for the Alternative FT wouldn't be uncommon at all.

Regardless -- it's easier and cheaper probably just to get the 2 Movie 4K Mulan's for 44.95 and ask DMC CSR to add the Lithograph since that's the only real advantage of getting them as the FT even if that was the situation. I opted for the BBY Steels so not really a dog in the fight.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I haven't closely followed this thread and haven't rejoined in ages, but do we have some complete list of currently available titles for the intro offer? And what's the best offer code to use?

OR should I check blu-ray.com's dedicated thread instead?

In particular, I'm wondering if the live action Jungle Book and/or Pete's Dragon BDs are available for the intro offer since they're just $8 on Amazon lately. I assume they still don't offer 4K discs for intro selections... or did they finally change that?

Thanks!

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
No 4K allowed for the enrollment package, but could be used for fulfillment pick. A lot of people will do the basic enrollment/fulfillment then use a Buy 1 Get 60% off to buy 10-15-30 4K all at once to end up with a pile of 4K for $14-15ea. I swear I read that someone did a 50 title order after all those Pixar and SW 4K titles were added. I actually though DMC had some sort of circuit breaker for that size order, but apparently it went through.

The Jungle Book and Pete's Dragon Live active BD are enrollment eligible

The last I checked there were 3 active codes that give the best terms-- 5 for $1 with 3 required reg priced 19.95 in 24 months, 2 Optional titles offered (1st at 11.95 counting as 1st Required Purchase, and 2nd non commitment for 8.95) so 2 more required.

62026 and 71374 add 101 Dalmatians blanket
59377 -- same terms without the blanket
I think all 3 codes give permanent Free Shipping on all movie orders

The googledoc in the Bluray.com thread OP is pretty UTD and shows eligible enrollment titles with catalog codes and the current official Bonus Selections

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/199jRk9iRWnG2lFfSrKtjELl8aVmchz_8PNl8oxir5Cw/edit?usp=sharing

Depending on when you signed up last, when they last updated the site the Bonus optional titles are offered only after you complete signup (email, billing and shipping info, etc and submit order). You are given about 10 minutes and 45-50 options. If you really don't like those options, you cna call/chat during regular M-F hours and most of the time they'll let you exchange or add different titles. Most of the enrollment eligible items can be substituted though the CSR allowed list seems to not allow a few of the Exclusives that are on the actual enrollment site.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robert45