What's new

Anyone else using a Sony ES receiver? (1 Viewer)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Terence, that is a crazy price the dealer is asking for the 4ES. On Ebay, they are going for $400 - $500 at the moment. Plus, I remember about a year ago, Tweeter had a few on the shelf for $499 at my local store.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter

If this is the same dealer that I bought my 777ES from, and that I occasionally visit (Melton's), he is a very nice guy, but extremely firm and unreasonably w/ his pricing.

terence

Supporting Actor

LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Kevin,

That is the dealer i'm talking about! He has stuff that has been discountued up to 5 yrs and he still trying to get his $$$ back on them. I agree he is a nice guy, but his pricing is just out of control!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Terence I think I have a pic of the Aragons in low-light with the neato blue lights blazing away...but I have nowhere to host them. If you know someone who can host the pic (or would like to do it yourself) I can send you the pic...

I don't own Aragons (not rich enough, and I actually like my HT equipment to have as few lights as possible) but even I have to admit they look cool in the dark. But they need to be stored out of sight of the theater screen because they will distract from watching the movie. ;)

JackS

Supporting Actor
Carlo- I'm sure that the blue lights on the Aragons can be dimmed or completly shut off if one chooses. Most moderately priced equipment including rceivers have this feature.

David Judah

Screenwriter

Despite some of the problems they've had with the digital amps, I think they sound fantastic compared to others in their price range, and I had never really been a big fan of Sony receivers.

Joe Rosiak

Agent
Real Name
Mr. Wizard
Does anyone have the IR codes in a ccf format for the DA4ES? I am using Main Lobby to control my theater, but the IR codes for the DA4ES transmit too fast to be learned by my USBUIRT Module. However, I can copy the IR code into MLServer I am told everything will work fine.

Where can I get the IR code for the DA4ES?

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator
I am still using my ~1998 vintage STRDA30ES that I bought when I worked for Sony, and am still satisfied with it's tanklike performance. It drove my PSB 500i's loud and clear for six years, and my new Mission M52's kick out the jams with respectable bottom end for an integrated.

My only gripe was that my unit came from the factory without the circuit from the digital ins to the processor soldered. After three days of pulling my hair out trying to get the blue light to come in, I admitted defeat and took it to service, thence learning that it was a factory defect.

I have been tempted to upgrade with outboard power blocks, but I am more likely at this point to keep using it as an
AVR, and sink money into a stereo amp/preamp setup for pure music appreciation in a separate room (get it? separate!?).

terence

Supporting Actor

Here there are....

Pretty COOL! :D I'm sure you can dim those puppies too a lower level, thx Carlo for sharing. :emoji_thumbsup:

Edin

Auditioning
ClintS,

I read about the upconversion problem on your receiver... I think I had the same problem, because when I watch s-video sources (S-VHS VCR) I lost the signal several times. This system can't be disaibled? I'm located in Guatemala and I don't want to send this unit to USA for repair (time/cost issues).

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Not a fan of Sony Recievers but I do have a Sony DVP-S9000 ES DVD/SACD player that has been really nice. I hope to upgrade my Yamaha RX-V995 to a Denon AVR-3805 and add amplifiers later. Sony has never impressed me with there recievers and the 9000 ES receiver that I saw at CES did not do anything for me ether. I guess you ether love Sony or you dont :laugh:

To all those who own a Sony reciever and like them :emoji_thumbsup:

terence

Supporting Actor
Blue Light Fetish

Kevin, Dan, Carlo

Hey for you guys who miss the blue light 4ES, look what i found. Also click on My HT link to see pictures of it in my rack!

Panamax RML200 Rack Mount Light Kit

The RacMAX® Light provides clean, cool, glare-free and directional LED lighting for up to 3 feet of rack space. The LED light rod is virtually unbreakable and is designed to replace troublesome and expensive rack lights. The RacMAX® Light will never burn out. With solid-state technology and no glass bulbs, they can withstand jarring. They have the appearance and appeal of a neon tube, without the hazards. The RacMAX® Light offers a choice of 3 colors which can be selected at any time.

Panamax RML200 Features:

Ac Power Output
Number of Outlets 9
Always On Outlets 1
Switched Outlets 8
Delayed Outlets
Cord Length 9 ft.
Connections Straight
Length 4.5"
Width 16.25"
Height 1.75"
Weight 6.8 lbs.

It sells for $159.99, but you can get it HERE for much less.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
has there been an announcement for US models similar to the STR-DB900 and DB1000R (network receiver) in Europe?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks