What's new

Anyone else using a Sony ES receiver? (1 Viewer)

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering who was using a Sony ES receiver? I have one and couldn't be happier. I love the 7.1 channels.

Brion

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering who was using a Sony ES receiver? I have one and couldn't be happier. I love the 7.1 channels.

Brion

terence

Supporting Actor
Hi Brion,

Glad you like your peice enjoy. I'm using a STR-DA4ES as a Pre/Pro now, and it was great as a AVR as well.

Which ES AVR are you using?

terence

Supporting Actor
Hi Brion,

Glad you like your peice enjoy. I'm using a STR-DA4ES as a Pre/Pro now, and it was great as a AVR as well.

Which ES AVR are you using?

Hank_P

Second Unit
I'm using a V444ES as a pre now, but like terence, it has served great as a AVR. Haven't found a reason to upgrade yet.

My room can't handle 7.1.

Hank_P

Second Unit
I'm using a V444ES as a pre now, but like terence, it has served great as a AVR. Haven't found a reason to upgrade yet.

My room can't handle 7.1.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm still using a V444es but I'm going 7.1 so I'm going another route. I'm not a big fan of the new ES stuff :frowning:

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm still using a V444es but I'm going 7.1 so I'm going another route. I'm not a big fan of the new ES stuff :frowning:

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
Im using a 3000ES and I really like it. That being said it was an early production unit and I had to sent it in for repair for video upconversion problem. But the sound of the digital amp is fantastic.

ClintS

Stunt Coordinator
Im using a 3000ES and I really like it. That being said it was an early production unit and I had to sent it in for repair for video upconversion problem. But the sound of the digital amp is fantastic.

I purchased the STR-DA4ES over EBay a couple of months ago and love the sound and flexablity of the receiver. I'm not using all 7 channel yet but will in the future. I am also taking full advantage of the 2 Multiple Channel inputs since I rather have the SACD and DVD Audio in 2 separate boxes. I don't care much for the look of the new units but I have always been impressed by the construction of the ES Line. My 707ES CD player is 15 years old and is still running strong. Just my 2 cents worth folks:)

I purchased the STR-DA4ES over EBay a couple of months ago and love the sound and flexablity of the receiver. I'm not using all 7 channel yet but will in the future. I am also taking full advantage of the 2 Multiple Channel inputs since I rather have the SACD and DVD Audio in 2 separate boxes. I don't care much for the look of the new units but I have always been impressed by the construction of the ES Line. My 707ES CD player is 15 years old and is still running strong. Just my 2 cents worth folks:)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I had the 4ES, but only sold it because I wanted a better solution for Zone #2 output. However, I will state, the 4ES was one very-solid and nice-sounding receiver. :)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I had the 4ES, but only sold it because I wanted a better solution for Zone #2 output. However, I will state, the 4ES was one very-solid and nice-sounding receiver. :)

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
I've got a DA5ES that I'm quite happy with. In an apartment right now, so just 6/7.1 for me for now. The 3 band parametric EQ is a wonderful feature which I don't think I could give up.
I can't imagine that I'd need to upgrade it within the the next few years.

Only things on my wishlist (and I don't even have use for them right now):
1) DVI/HDMI switching
2) digital audio connection for SACD/DVD-A with BM and TA
3) upconversion of {everything} to component and DVI/HDMI

Of course it's a rare thing to find one of those features on a pre/pro or receiver these days, let alone all of them :)

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
I've got a DA5ES that I'm quite happy with. In an apartment right now, so just 6/7.1 for me for now. The 3 band parametric EQ is a wonderful feature which I don't think I could give up.
I can't imagine that I'd need to upgrade it within the the next few years.

Only things on my wishlist (and I don't even have use for them right now):
1) DVI/HDMI switching
2) digital audio connection for SACD/DVD-A with BM and TA
3) upconversion of {everything} to component and DVI/HDMI

Of course it's a rare thing to find one of those features on a pre/pro or receiver these days, let alone all of them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks