What's new

DA3600ES and Sonos (1 Viewer)

jpzATL82

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
I have a Sony DA3600 ES 7.1 Receiver and I recently purchased a Sonos Connect and Sonos Play 2 that I want to set up with the Zone 2 of the receiver... I am tech savvy (but not when it comes to AV) and can not figure it out...

I am not trying to use a digital connection, rather use the analog RCA connections. I have tried multiple times and wondering if anyone else has configured SONOS with their Sony receiver... If you have integrated SONOS with a Sony receiver or rather, any receiver let me know.

I have the RCA cables going from the Zone 2 (Audio Out) going into the Sonos Connect Inputs (audio in)

I am sure I am over thinking it, but any advice would be greatly appreciated

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What sources(and connections) are you trying to feed Zone 2?(Most common mistake is...you haven't made any "compatible with Zone 2 audio connections" in the AVR itself.)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The most common problem we see with this is that the receivers only send analog signals out to Zone Two (red/white RCAs), but people have source components connected only with digital connections. You need the digital connections for the source components in order for them to get Dolby Digital, but you’ll need to add their analog connections to the Sony as well.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks