What's new

Any thoughts on Indiana Jones on X-Box? (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
I liked it. It plays a lot like Buffy and less like an Indy game. It's also a bit shorter than Buffy. Other than having stupid puzzles, the fighting is great. Nothing better than kicking Nazis while they're on the ground or throwing them off tall structures.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I haven't played the full game but I have played the demo. I was really looking forward to it, but to make a long story short, it sucked bad, even though it was one of those games I wanted to like, I just couldn't get into it. It is using an "improved" version of the Buffy engine, but it didn't look anywhere as nice as Buffy. Bland graphics, bland colors, bland textures, just bland all the way around. The fighting engine was okay, but not great. Most of the reviews of the full game that I've read were not exactly raves either, so you might want to rent it or check out the demo before buying.

James T

Screenwriter
Renting the game is different from playing a demo. I personally though that the Indy demo was only okay. I still bought the game, since I'm an Indy fan, but I liked the game a lot more after playing the full game.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
"If you are going to say that, make it a long story by all means."

I can see your point, Dean, if you mean to say that I should take care to back up such a negative assesment.

I also agree with James T's statement that "Renting the game is different from playing a demo." By all means, rent the game to judge it for yourself. I do think a demo should offer a fair representation of the game (otherwise, why release a demo?) but I also know that nothing compares to trying a game out for yourself.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Well guy's I got the game out of lay-a-way and i have to say I LOVE IT
It is really fun.

Howie A

Second Unit
Eric can you give us your lasting opinion?

I think I might just rent it.
That is usually what I do with most
story driven games such as enter the matrix.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Let's put it this way...I played Halo ,The so called game of the year for about 2 hrs and was not that impressed.I put in IJ & have been playing it for the last 2 days.And Im not even that far into the game.Its lots of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks