What's new

Game recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Ive had my X-Box for about 3 months now. Im interrested in FPS games but dont mind other games as well. I never got into gaming till about 6 months ago.

I belong to the school of thought "if its too frustrating its no fun". I like a challenge but not to the point of pissing me off or getting stressed about it.

This gives you an idea of what I like and dont like:

Finished: Halo, Harry Potter & Chamber..., Hitman 2.

Working on: Indiana Jones...Tomb, Splinter Cell, NBA LIVE 2002 (time waster; only sports game I have.)

(Splinter Cell is starting to work my nerves but havent given up yet.)

Quit/pissed me off: Dead to Rights (pissed me off), Agent Under Fire. (Got tired of playing the same damn level/area on both games 50+ times and still not getting past stuck area), Chase: Hollywood Stunt Driver (got boring).

I actually only own about 3 to 4 games. I ususally trade them away once im done or rent/borrow from friends.

Any ideas of games to try? Thanks in advance.

James T

Screenwriter
Metal Gear Solid: Substance - Especially if you like the stealth idea in Splinter Cell, but don't want such a frustrating game.

Buffy - if you liked Indy, you'll love Buffy even more.

Jason Borchers

Second Unit
If you want a good FPS, try Serious Sam. Pure mindless shooting action, and lots of fun. In "normal" difficulty the action can get pretty intense at times, but it's not unreasonably hard. Plus, it's only $20 now, which is even more of a bargain because the Xbox version contains both Serious Sam and its sequel, The Second Encounter.

(Just make sure you don't get a defective disc from the first pressing. If you do, the publisher will exchange it for free.)

Damien

Supporting Actor
my personal favorite game(especially for $20) besides Halo is Project Gotham Racing. It doesn't fit your criteria(just about as aggrivating as games get), but there is so much variety and gameplay offered.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
PGR ownz, especially if you happen to have some gangsta rap burned to your HD. It can be a pretty tough game, but as long as you race the "boss" car in each season FIRST(with the max allowed head start), it isn't too bad.

The game seems a bit crappy at first before you get used to it and get some good cars, but I'd have to say it's probably the best driving game out right now.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Personally, I loved Munch's Oddysee, Project Gotham Racing, Tiger Woods 2K3, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and the much under-appreciated Buffy the Vampire Slayer. There are even more XBox games I really enjoyed, however, I don't can't think of them at this time.

I did not enjoy Jedi Knight II, Blood Rayne, Turok, or Time Splitters (one player mode, the multi-player game is fantastic).

The best two games I have played since Castlevania: Symphony of the Night were Splinter Cell and Halo. I know that it's been said before, but DAMN those are good games!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks