What's new

Any reviews on 55" Sharp widescreen? (1 Viewer)

Mike Carroll

Auditioning
I was at BB yesterday and saw a 55" Sharp widescreen (model# 55RWP4H) that looked very nice. Has anyone seen any reviews on this set? I would be curious to know how it stood up against its competitors.
------------------

Steven Tillman

Auditioning
After a year of researching and reading everything I could on RPTV's, I bought this model. I've had it since the end of May. My viewing on the set is 80 percent DVD's.
I love it.
I don't have a progressive scan player- I'm using a Sony 7700 via component inputs. The set has a real good line doubler, the colors are true and I get a nice image. The TV (built in)sound system is good on regular cable. Lots of viewer preference adjustments on this set.
Excellent build, good solid value in a 16x9 set.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I saw it yesterday in a store hooked to a Rotel progressive scan player. Had a chance to play with it for about 45 minutes. Found it to be an excellent TV. I particularly liked the cabinet design. Does not look that imposing or big and if one were putting it in a basement theater it could be easily built into the wall and only have about 14 or 15 inches of the TV showing in the room. I have not seen the 61 inch but it is only $400 more.

Carol Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to know, Doesn't Mitsubishi own Sharp? If they do I would think it's a scaled down Mitsubishi set?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks