Any reviews on 55" Sharp widescreen?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Carroll, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Mike Carroll

Mike Carroll Auditioning

I was at BB yesterday and saw a 55" Sharp widescreen (model# 55RWP4H) that looked very nice. Has anyone seen any reviews on this set? I would be curious to know how it stood up against its competitors.
    ------------------

2. Steven Tillman

Steven Tillman Auditioning

After a year of researching and reading everything I could on RPTV's, I bought this model. I've had it since the end of May. My viewing on the set is 80 percent DVD's.
    I love it.
    I don't have a progressive scan player- I'm using a Sony 7700 via component inputs. The set has a real good line doubler, the colors are true and I get a nice image. The TV (built in)sound system is good on regular cable. Lots of viewer preference adjustments on this set.
    Excellent build, good solid value in a 16x9 set.

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    I saw it yesterday in a store hooked to a Rotel progressive scan player. Had a chance to play with it for about 45 minutes. Found it to be an excellent TV. I particularly liked the cabinet design. Does not look that imposing or big and if one were putting it in a basement theater it could be easily built into the wall and only have about 14 or 15 inches of the TV showing in the room. I have not seen the 61 inch but it is only $400 more.

4. Carol Curtis

Carol Curtis Stunt Coordinator

Just wanted to know, Doesn't Mitsubishi own Sharp? If they do I would think it's a scaled down Mitsubishi set?