What's new

Any other guys into cologne? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Chrome Legend by day, Very Sexy for Him for evenings.

Snooped around Sephora today and walked out with samples of 3 fragrances which caught my attention out of dozens:

Guerlain Vetiver
Dior Fahrenheit
Eau d'Issey

Guerlain Vetiver didn't make the skin test cut. Dior Fahrenheit is dynamite. A new (well, old) fav. Eau d'Issey, amazingly enough, actually gets better with time on my skin.

Fahrenheit it is for my next purchase :emoji_thumbsup:

--
H

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Was just reading that CANOE was introduced in 1932.
Thirty some years later I was using it for awhile but soon discovered that regular use of soap & water was the way to go.
IMHO if you are wearing a scent, another person should have to be VERY near you to notice.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I'm pretty old school and partial to the Calvin Klein scents. Obsession, Eternity, Truth, CK One, etc. I also like Ralph Lauren's Green Polo. For every day, I use Paul Sebastian (PS) a lot.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Going with the assumption that this is correct, it would be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I don't wear it daily but I tend to use Vera Wang for Men. There is a Saphora near by so I tried out free samples of various colognes so my wife (over various days) could see which was her favorite. I use some 'Art of Shaving' aftershave products that have a mild scent so that's all I wear daily (plus deodorant of course).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I hate to turn on a buddy...but here is the one and only reason John uses RGX Body Spray (and has several dozen cases sitting out in his garage!) :laugh:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:D

Actually, Mike your part right, I bought my first can of RGX because of those commercials.

I don't wear RGX that often so i'm still working on that first can as a matter of fact.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
I have been very happy with and often get compliments when I wear colognes from House of Creed (known as just Creed). I have several I rotate through, my favorites being:

Imperial Millesime
Silver Mountain Water
Original Vetiver
Original Santal

There are many more to choose from, although some have very little differences between them. The best thing is to go someplace, spray some on, then wait a little while and ask for opinions. I'm not sure which retailers carry Creed, but I usually get it at Nieman Marcus. I think Saks has it also.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
They have all smelled basically similar to me with one exception; Hollister - which I enjoy wearing.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Current rotation:

Everyday:
Jean Paul Gaultier -- Le Male
Armani - AdG

Evenings:
Dior -- Fahrenheit

After blowing some $$$ on cologne that seems awesome at first but that I ended up hating after a week or two (the things are now sitting on the shelf, barely used :angry:), I will not buy without an extensive tryout period. When something catches my attention, I ask for a sample, wear it for several days/weeks to make sure i truly like it in the long run before committing.

--
H

Marianne

Supporting Actor

I can't tolerate perfume or fragrances either. I use unscented stuff as much as possible. And I really hate the smell of Febreze!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Been using Ralph 20+ years and have never changed.

Rotate between Polo Green, Blue and Sport.

Nordstrom is always giving out these little sample vials good for 10-20 uses, but I still fall back on my old Lauren favorites.

Just noticed that out of all places, Walgreens is selling some of the higher end colognes. If these things end up being on the grocery aisle with Old Spice, I sense my snobby side coming out a bit, and will have to start trying some of the more exclusive colognes.

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Had an ex I haven't seen in about 12 years tell me recently that Polo is the only scent that gets her um...
nipples hard[unquote] whenever she smells it. Now she said it's because it reminds her of me but I still say that's an endorsement that money can't buy!!!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks