What's new

Any Hitachi 57S500 reviews? (1 Viewer)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I have been considering getting the Hitachi 57S500 57" Widescreen Projection TV and I was wondering if anyone here has it and what to they think of it.

Also is this the one that has the top and bottom parts of the TV seperate?

Thanks.

GaryPL

Agent
I got almost the same TV you ask about a lil over 2 weeks ago ( I got the 57S700- built in tuner and Optical out, plus 2 IEEE94 ports),and yes the 57" and the 65" Split into 2 sections.
It is very ez to do.
This is my 1st RPTV, but I have seen others in action and this unit looked great OOTB, but I have since done manual convergence and it looks even better. The built in tuner( on thr 700 series) on MINE is NOT loud as some other folks have stated, and works great.
I bought the 700 because I didn't have digital cable yet, and was able to watch the Patriots vs Indy game in HD OTA.
The 700 after rebates ended up only $50 than I would have paid for the 500, so in case my cable go's out(or I happen to move where cable is cheezy)I can still use the OTA tuner.....
For 50 it was a no brainer for me, other opinions may vary.
As far as I know the above listed options are the only difference between the 500/700 sets.
I personally believe you would be very happy with them.

Keith HR

Auditioning
I bought the Hitachi 51s700 with the built in receiver, and if you are going to be able to receiver ota signals, it's a no brainer. As Gary mentioned , for $50 or less, you can get the built in receiver, add an inexpensive antenna and you've got digital tv.

Michael Girgent

Auditioning
I just purchased this set and I am wondering about this upgrade being discussed in the post (the under $50 one) is this something I can purchase and hook up myself? Any general info would be great! Thanks everyone!

Steven.W.T

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 57S500, got it in July. Its pretty good. Yeah, it can split into 2 pieces. I wish I couldve gotten the tuner for 50 bucks. :frowning: When I got it the S700 was still selling for about 300 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks