Tosh or Hitachi...Need input from owners

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DonM, Jan 23, 2004.

1. DonM

DonM Agent

It's been awhile since I was on this forum but have returned to ask some RPTV advice. I have looked all over for reviews on the Hitachi 57S500 and the Toshiba 57HX83 sets. I think I have narrowed my choices down to these in my price range. I can get either in the $2000 US range. I have done my homework and it seems the Tosh's are having some problems. My dealer is pushing the Tosh as the best picture and RPTV in this price range. I have read a few very good reviews of the Hitachi 57S500 as well. Does anyone that actually owns these sets have any comments on them as far as picture quality etc. I would really appreciate any input. Thanks!

2. KevinWEL

KevinWEL Stunt Coordinator

I too am in the market for a similar RPTV. I was considering a Hitachi for a while and read the rave review in a recent A/V mag about the Tosh. They reviewed the 46H83 and gave it high marks all around. I may go with the 51H83 though.
    I am also curiuos about opinions from those with sets already.

Kevin
    [​IMG]

3. Wes Gibson

Wes Gibson Auditioning

I am by no means an expert, but I have the 57HX83 Tosh and am VERY happy with it. C'mon Superbowl! CBS HD [​IMG]

4. Sheldon-m

Sheldon-m Stunt Coordinator

I own the 57h83 and i got it for 1400$ at conns in sept.
    it shows a very good picture. and it is hd upgradable.i have been very happy with it. Fyi I bought the X1 actually for the super bowl. i live in houston and i still have to watch it on tv. [​IMG]