What's new

Tosh or Hitachi...Need input from owners (1 Viewer)

DonM

Agent
It's been awhile since I was on this forum but have returned to ask some RPTV advice. I have looked all over for reviews on the Hitachi 57S500 and the Toshiba 57HX83 sets. I think I have narrowed my choices down to these in my price range. I can get either in the $2000 US range. I have done my homework and it seems the Tosh's are having some problems. My dealer is pushing the Tosh as the best picture and RPTV in this price range. I have read a few very good reviews of the Hitachi 57S500 as well. Does anyone that actually owns these sets have any comments on them as far as picture quality etc. I would really appreciate any input. Thanks!

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator
I too am in the market for a similar RPTV. I was considering a Hitachi for a while and read the rave review in a recent A/V mag about the Tosh. They reviewed the 46H83 and gave it high marks all around. I may go with the 51H83 though.
I am also curiuos about opinions from those with sets already.

Kevin
:)

Wes Gibson

Auditioning
I am by no means an expert, but I have the 57HX83 Tosh and am VERY happy with it. C'mon Superbowl! CBS HD :D

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
I own the 57h83 and i got it for 1400$ at conns in sept.
it shows a very good picture. and it is hd upgradable.i have been very happy with it. Fyi I bought the X1 actually for the super bowl. i live in houston and i still have to watch it on tv. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks