Hitachi 57S500 or Mitsubishi WS-55313

Discussion in 'Displays' started by SteveW, Jan 28, 2004.

1. SteveW

SteveW Agent

Sorry for another vs thread but I still can't decide which one I want to go with. Originally I was going to go with Mitsubishi. Then I was pretty set on Hitachi because of all the rave reviews and comments that they are the best on the market. But the more I read, the more I see the same being said of Mitsubishi. HD is not a factor in my decision as I am too far away from any major markets. The set will be used primarily for SD satellite, DVD and XBOX/Gamecube. The Hitachi I can currenty get for $2200. But at BB with sales, rebates and reward zone points the Mitsu would end up being around $1400. Actually I could get the Mitsu WS-65313 for $1800 but think it might be too big. I have no problem paying the extra money for the Hitachi if it is worth it. The amount for the Hitachi was in the budget anyway. So can anyone give me the pros and cons of both sets, and why one would be leaps and bounds better than the other. And please no "either set will do fine" answers.

Thanks much

2. JoshuaT

JoshuaT Stunt Coordinator

If you have SD sat, then why is HD not a part of your decision? Personal preference is the Mitsu. I have had great luck with my old 65" and the 313 is a wicked deal at the prices they're on sale right now!

~josh