What's new

any body still watch friends (1 Viewer)

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
i have not watched this show in years. what are the current storylines since i was going to give this show another look.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Ross and Rachel got married then divorced.

Chandler and Monica are married.

Rachel is now pregnant due to Ross.

Joey was in love with Rachel.

~T

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
finnaly this show has become original and now i feel dumb for skipping this season. What time does it come on tbs. it comes on 6 and 7 on fox 45 out here on syndication

peter_anderson

Stunt Coordinator
i didn't _ever_ watch friends until a year ago, so now there are tons of old episodes (three every night) which are completely new to me. woot! funny show, even if i don't exactly "identify" with the characters.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
alright, after tonights show i am hooked on it. my only problem is that this was a family show, or at least it was one when i still watched it. Also, this episode proves the theory that Alec Baldwin is an idiot and can be very fuuny

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
This was one of the funniest shows I have seen in a long time. NOTHING will ever top the Joeys Hernia episode for me though.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
"You hide my clothes? I'm wearing everything you own."

"That is so not the opposite."

"Look at me. I'm Chandler. Could I be wearing anymore clothes?
"And I'm going..commmando!"

Nah, the best episode is the one where they all find out.

"Yeah, but they don't know we know they know we know. And Joey, you can't tell them."

"Even if I wanted to."

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
when did they get married and divorced or were they making up all of that stuff since everybody in the family knows now.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Ryan, Friends has never been a "family" show. It's at 8pm because since Seinfeld left it has been the most popular NBC comedy and they need something strong at 8pm to suck viewers in (I'd prefer it at 9pm myself).

Ross and Rachel are not presently married (though they are divorced from their marriage in Vegas...it is ineveitable that they will get back together).

Yes, I still watch the show and still enjoy it.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
The most recent episode(3/28/2002) had Ross & Rachel lying about being married. Rachel is pregnant with Ross' child and Ross' parents did not want to be embarassed so they lied to everone.

But Ross & Rachel got married in Veags a few years back then got divorced.

Joey still has feelings for Rachel but knows that Rachel does not feel the same way so he respects that.

Monica & Chandler are married.

Phoebe is still on the lookout for her "mate."

And my favorite episode is "The One With Chandler In A Box."

Married a lesbian, left a man at the altar, married a gay ice dancer, threw a girl's wooden leg in the fire, live in a box!

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
what have i been missing. when does tbs start at season 1 episode 1 so i can figure out what you are talking about since i have not seen these in years

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
You can just pick up the Friends: Season 1 box sets to catch up. Its faster then waiting for syndication.

You can also pick up the box set of the "Best of Friends." This will catch you up as well. Plus this set has the episodes remixed in Dolby Digital.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
i can't wait untill april and the best offs i am selling very soon. do you know when tbs starts all over.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
i can't wait untill april
How about a little patience? April is in 3 DAYS. I think that the odds are that the season 1 box will certainly be out before ANY station (here in NYC, Freinds is on THREE times a day on 2 different channels in syndication) has recycled to the series beginning.

Funniest show currently on TV & actually getting better this year--last night's episode had me in hysterics. See the documentary on Best Of Freinds V4 to see the level of thought & work & commitment that goes into the making of this show--the jokes that they throw away are better than 99% of other shows' keepers.

Funniest shows-Ross' leather pants; Ross' music; The One Where Everybody Finds Out; Joey's kidney stone; Ross wrestling with a cat on the terrace; Chandler in the box; Rachel talks Ross' girlfriend into shaving her head; dozens of others I can't think of now!

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Ryan, just start from where they are right now and enjoy. They are showing some good ones right now I believe, and TBS shows them at 4:30Pac and 7:30 Est. I live on the West Coast and it's on at 4:30 but when I went to Cleveland last week to my surprise I could watch it at 7:30.

The one when Ross has those leather pants is a very, very, very funny episode and the look Ross gives when he squirts lotion under his balls cracks me up.

Perhaps my favorite scene is when they get back from the beach and Rachel wrote and 8 page letter(front and back!!) and Ross corrects her grammer; "Y.O.U. ' R.E. means you are, Y.O.U.R means your!". But when Ross leaves the apartment and Rachels goes on with "Just one more thing, it isn't normal, it doesn't happen to every guy and it is a big deal!" and after she slams the door Chandler jumps out(from behind the door) with "I knew it!" I laugh so hard at that.

"You have condoms?"

"Well I thought we might be in here awile and will have to re-populate the world."

"And condoms are the way to do it?"

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
well they are far enough back to where courtney cox was not married. The syndicated version had the episode where Pheobe is asked to be a surrogate mother. the tbs version had the one where one of them buys a chick, and rachel i think gets major chest pains. can you tell me who plays who since i forgot. i started 9 years ago, tunned out and decided to watch thursday and am now hooked.

edit: i actually caught myself singing the theme song even though i have hated it for so many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks