What's new

any body still watch friends (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Ryan, I think you still have the best to come on both of them, not that the early years are bad, not at all.

I think last years was the worst season ever and that is when Chandler and Monica were engaged. The year before last was their best IMO.

Chandler=Matthew Perry(my favorite friend)

Joey=Matt LeBlanc

Ross=David Schwimmer(my 2nd fav)

Monica=Courtney Cox

Rachel=Jennifer Aniston

Phoebe=Lisa Kudrow

I used to hate the theme song too but I like it more now.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
A beard or just a goatee? I don't remember him ever having a full beard but he did have a goatee for awile.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
I started watching Friends about two years ago, then last year really got into it.
I missed some good episode but the "Best of..." discs really helped me catch a few good ones.
I also caught the syndicated episodes on my local WB network and TBS.
Although one episode this year did have an odd subplot. Chandler was trying to figure out what Monica had behind a locked door. He didn't have to the key to room/closet, only Monica did.
After borrowing his wife's tools, he discovers

A room full of junk that is not organized at all. Just junk piled up one on top another.
Chandler's words and facial expression to Monica made me fall out of the chair laughing:
"You're messy"

But what's odd is that some of the characters seem to be disappearing. Ross' first child Ben was used as a subplot this year but that's it. And what happened to Gunther's obsession with Rachel?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Rutger,

You do know it's been a running joke from the start of the series that Monica is bordering on obsessive compulsive about tidiness around her apartment? That's the context of the joke.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
I know the context of the joke. Its just that the "room/closet" became a subplot which was a little odd for the show. It also seemed like a subplot to just add Chandler and Monica to the episode rather than one that was actually needed.

Of course, that joke was the reason why I laughed so hard. It was so out of character for Monica to have that room/closet.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
It also seemed like a subplot to just add Chandler and Monica to the episode rather than one that was actually needed.
Pretty much EVERY episode of Friends, or any other sitcom with multiple stars, has a subplot. The reason IS to get the other people screen time. In Freinds, the subplots usually involve Phoebe or Joey to offset the concentration on the Chandler & Monica or Ross & Rachel stories.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I have the entire season 1-7 on DVD and watch it regularly. Unfortunately I find this season 8 to be the worst of the seasons and it doesn’t make me laugh as much as the previous seasons. Maybe partly due to both the writers and Matthew Perry himself and his problems. He was once the one and only king and star of the show, not to mention everyone’s favorite. Not only he has destroyed his motion picture career, but also he has become the most annoying and unfunny character of the show for me. Indeed very unfortunate.

ShawnF

Stunt Coordinator
I always thought a great ending to the series would be for Rachel to marry Gunther.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Sam, how did you get the episodes on DVD? Did you record them on Tivo and then downloaded them on a DVD? If so is the final product close to or as good as the best of Friends that is out?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Yes the entire seasons are available almost everywhere except region 1! I have them on region 2!

David Singleton

Stunt Coordinator
Is it just me, or does there seem to be a clip show every season? Nothing really wrong with that, I just don't remember any other series (perhaps M*A*S*H) that aired as many clip shows.

David

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
You are correct David, Friends also seems to have even more than 1 clip show a year. I am starting to get a little tired of it actually.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Hmm, I cannot remember a single clip show on Seinfeld, I may be wrong though. Next (which will also be the last) season all 6 friends will get $1,000,000 per episode. I think we will see some more clip shows. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks