What's new

animated Tick on dvd? (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Ted said: "hmmm...there's obviously at least some interest here. does anyone have any ideas of how we can get this mentioned? petition? contacts? e-mail? knocking on their door?"
If anyone knows of something official I would be all for it. I think there is a site to start up petitions like what happened with Willy Wonka, but I don't know that we would get a huge turnout. I'm hoping Peter happens to take a look and decides to look into this a little more.
------------------
"Wait a minute. Was she a great big fat person?"
My DVD Collection

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
who is peter?
------------------
You step in the stream,
But the water has moved on.
This page is not here.

MikeB

Auditioning
There was a thread on this not to long ago in the Studio Feedback Forum.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003275.html
Fox, you absolutely must get this one out. If for nothing more than to cross-promote the upcoming live action series. I would have to agree that this series is as funny if not funnier than the Simpsons.
It ran for 3 seasons (1994-1996) with 12 episodes a season. At about 20 minutes an episode, that is only about 12 hours of video. Any impending rights issues aside, this could easily come together as a nice "complete" box set or even broken into 3 smaller 1 season per disc issues.
"I'll call you 'Speak' because that's what you do!"

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Ted -
The Peter I referred to is Peter Staddon. I can't remember his exact job title off the top of my head so I won't butcher it. He works at Fox and is one of the people involved at a high level with the dvd side of their business.
------------------
"Wait a minute. Was she a great big fat person?"
My DVD Collection

Calvin Cullen

Stunt Coordinator
My local Fox affiliate aired The Tick at 8:30 on Saturday mornings when I was in college. I struggled to get up far earlier than usual just to watch -- sometimes I stayed up all night. I was usually hungover and always half-asleep, so I would love to have the series on DVD to see what I was missing.
BTW, I've seen the live-action pilot and generally liked what I saw. The casting, acting and writing was great. Needless to say, I didn't see the need for some of the changes they made to the supporting characters. The show is obviously low-budget, though this could work to its advantage. I am most worried that the comic book's premise might not be able to sustain what is essentially a sit-com for more than a season or two.

Flasshe

Agent
Real Name
Rog
The changes to the supporting characters in the new live show were done because they were prevented from using the supporting characters from the animated series due to some sort of rights issue.
I'm looking forward to the sitcom. Many critics have praised it, calling it a mix of Seinfeld and super-heroes. You can bet it's going to be not much like the cartoon though.
--Rog

ikiru

Stunt Coordinator
Oh I loved to see Tick on DVD. It would get played more then Goonies and Memento for a long time. It deserves a DVD as much as Darkwing Duck. Now to see the episode with the spaceship full of evil Arthurs and aliens who speak in the word the, I think.

It was two civilizations... the "Heys" and the "Whats". Arthur was accused of being a Hey. I remember that episode had the powerful "infinity ball", which happened to be a floating 8-ball. Too funny!
Id by the DVDs in a heartbeat. I have been trying to find them elsewhere (but not willing to pay eb@y prices).
-ikiru
------------------
*Enjoy the Sauce*

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
I _LOVE_ The Tick. It would not even take me an entire heartbeat to place the order were it available on DVD. It has laugh out loud funny parts in every single episode.
"When evil is a foot, and you haven't got any arms, you gotta use your head!"

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I'll just add my vote here. This is easily one of my all-time favorite cartoons and I've been wanting a dvd release of this ever since I got my dvd player.
"Ticks are supposed to suck blood. Do you suck blood?"
"Uh, yeah, I, uh, I suck blood all the time! Look pal, I've got a straw right here!"

Carol Razavi

Stunt Coordinator
Hopefully Peter will take a look at this puppy!
PLease I'm waiting for some kind of response from you!
laugh.gif

See how many people want this dvd to happen? I say at least give us a, "I'll look into" or "i'll write this down"
Anyways, I hope this dvd happens!
------------------
Link Removed

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I know a lot of us hoped that the new live-action The Tick show would help bring about a DVD release of the cartoons, which I want badly (see my sig).
The live-action show was cancelled as of yesterday. The final show airs the last week of this month. My wife spotted this news at AICN last night, but right now I can't get to their site for some reason so I can't get the exact date for you.
I still want the animated series. They can through in the complete set of live-action shows as a "supplement". :)

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I would also buy a set of Tick DVDs if they were released. The episodes would have to be in order, of course.
I know a lot of us hoped that the new live-action The Tick show would help bring about a DVD release of the cartoons, which I want badly (see my sig).
The live-action show was cancelled as of yesterday. The final show airs the last week of this month. My wife spotted this news at AICN last night, but right now I can't get to their site for some reason so I can't get the exact date for you.
I still want the animated series. They can through in the complete set of live-action shows as a "supplement".
That's too bad :frowning:
It would be nice to have the live action show included with a boxed set of the animated series.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'd love to have both the live action series as well as the animated series on DVD. We've been watching old VHS taped-off-of-TV copies of The Tick animated series here at work in the conference room. Meetings usually follow the presentation, so Tick-isms abound. Lots of fun.

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
Count me OUT. :thumbsdown: I think the tick animated serries was the worst thing ever. :angry: What a waste of space on a DVD shelf that would be, they should not waste their time releasing something as lame as the animated tick serries when they could focus on getting other more worthy programs out on DVD. Admit it, wouldn't you rather see a great cinematic masterpeice like "howard the duck" see the light of day than something as stupid and non-hillarious as "The Tick"? I mean come on, it's no contest!
Will
PS I claimed to like the tick in a few posts back, I attribute that to the full moon driving me insane. I obviously was deluded as I can't think of a single reason why anyone would enjoy "The Tick".
The above post in no way reflects reality, "The Tick" is by far the serries I most want to see available on DVD. I just figured we needed a devil's advocate.

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
It's unfortunate the live-action TICK was cancelled so soon. FOX did a lousy job of promoting it - hell, they didn't promote it _at all_. If an eager fan can't even remember when it's on, how can it gather more viewers?
Back on topic...
I want both the animated and live-action series on DVD. :)

Tim Ebling

Grip
Hmmmm, I'm surprised there isn't a petition for this. Usually topics of this nature (and length!) point to a petition somewhere on the net. The Tick is certainly worthy of a petition to Fox, given some of the other dreck which generates petitions!

On the other hand, do these petitions really work?

Blu

Screenwriter
The Tick was one intellegently written cartoon!

hehehehe!

I'd buy the whole thing the day it came out!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks