What's new

animated Tick on dvd? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Potts

Stunt Coordinator
No kidding James, I love that episode.

Hopefully, we'll finally get it on our favorite shiny addic....er, discs. That is assuming Buena Vista does discover they have it now and decide to do something with it... (Thanks for that tidbit Dave)

I hope Buena Vista or whoever wakes up and gets this released already - not having it out is evil!

"You know, evil comes in many forms, be it a man-eating cow or Joseph Stalin. But you can't let the package hide the pudding. Evil is just plain bad! You don't cotton to it! You gotta smack it on the nose with the rolled up newspaper of goodness! Bad dog! Bad dog!" - The Tick

Bill

MaraKM

Stunt Coordinator
Things could be much worse for The Tick than to be owned by Disney/Buena Vista, since they are not anti-licensing like some of the other big studios. Even if they don't know the value of some of their animated properties like Tick or The Real Ghostbusters, there are other distributors who do. I think that eventually D/BV will either license them out, or get a big enough offer that they'll decide to do it themselves.

And, yes, I want my Tick dvd too.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't their agreement with Saban bar them from ever releasing more than a third of the episodes of any Saban show to home video?

Laurence Price

Stunt Coordinator
I am big fan of this awesome show. Th studio should release this clever, funny and creative animated series on DVD because I would certainly buy it without any hesitation. I eagerly anticipate The Tick's arrival on DVD. I hope the studio actually decides someday to get moving on it.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I was recently talking to someone at Buena Vista, and they expressed surprise when I mentioned that they ought to own this property due to their purchase (quite some time ago) of the Saban/Fox Kids line-up.
yeah the got a ton of great old shows in that deal and they don't even know what exacly it is that they own. :frowning:

Matt C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
It's funny, I was just looking into this cartoon a couple days ago, wondering why there were still no DVD plans for it. Any ideas on how we can convince Buena Vista to release a set, or even realize they're sitting on a great series?

"So he says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps! HAAA-ha-ha-ha!" - The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight (hilarious!)

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
One of the previous posters said that perhaps the fact that the Tick was a "smart animated saturday cartoon" would hurt its marketability?

I think that if the Tick came out on DVD, you'd see a real resurgence in its popularity. I mean, there's already a seriuos fan base that would buy these sets, and I am pretty sure that those people would show their Tick-ignorant friends, who may also go out and buy it.

After buying the live action DVD last year, I realized just how much stronger the animated show was. Liked Ben Edlund's commentaries, it would be good to get him and some of the other writers (possibly the voice actors?) from the animated show in on a DVD.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I agree with Ben, this show would take off like the family guy did once it hit DVD. I love this show. I just started watching it again with my son. I have all of the episodes of the Tick, but not in the greatest quality, but hey im not complaining.

I would buy this set in a second the moment it hits shelves.

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
I give the Tick thumbs up!
tick1.gif

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
looks lke it's showing on toon disney starting around june 13th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks