What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Amazon release-date delivery? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've had Cliffhanger 4k on order for months,and it showed I would receive it on release day, (today), and it is not happening. I fussed at them, and they gave me a $5 courtesy credit. It now looks like it will be here tomorrow. It's not a big deal, except that they promise release day delivery, and I take them at their word. This is not the first time, though, for me, either. I am starting to think they are actually having a hard time getting product.
@Jeff Brooks That's why Amazon is messed up as I ordered Cliffhanger 4K a few days before Christmas and I got it today.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That does seem to indicate it is not a supply problem, then, doesn't it? They do seem to have some inventory control issues.
As a retired automotive supply chain manager, they have some serious issues within their supply chain, whether it's inventory control and/or supply availability.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
While they're not perfect, I think UPS could teach Amazon a thing or two about logistics.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Here's Amazon's ordering info for the First Man Blu-ray. For me, it clearly states that I can get it on release day by selecting FREE Two Day Shipping at checkout:

View attachment 54308

And if I step through the ordering process I'm informed that I'll get it on release day, January 22, 2019:

View attachment 54309
What is Prime Now and how can I get a $5 credit for it?

Ok, it’s ordering from Whole Foods. I’m sure there’s no delivery in Little Rock but I should be able to pickup in store. There’s a $10 code for a first time customer. Maybe after a purchase I can get those $5 credits.

Nope, can’t even do pickup in Little Rock.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Here's Amazon's ordering info for the First Man Blu-ray. For me, it clearly states that I can get it on release day by selecting FREE Two Day Shipping at checkout:

View attachment 54308

And if I step through the ordering process I'm informed that I'll get it on release day, January 22, 2019:

View attachment 54309
You cart tested the wrong item. Sam was talking about the 4K disc which no longer carries the “want to receive this the day it comes out?” line.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
You cart tested the wrong item. Sam was talking about the 4K disc which no longer carries the “want to receive this the day it comes out?” line.

I can't find a single statement from Sam in this thread where he indicates he was talking about the 4K UHD release. Crawdaddy mentioned that HE ordered it, but not Sam. Did I miss it?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I was indeed talking about the 4K disc, even though that item is listed as First Man [Blu-Ray]

Here's the listing from my order:

Pre-ordered

Delivery estimate: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 by 8pm

First Man [Blu-ray]

Ryan Gosling
Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc
$26.96
Release date: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
---

So, this seems to be a problem with the 4K disc then? Hmmm.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I've had Cliffhanger 4k on order for months, and it showed I would receive it on release day, (today), and it is not happening. I fussed at them, and they gave me a $5 courtesy credit. It now looks like it will be here tomorrow. It's not a big deal, except that they promise release day delivery, and I take them at their word. This is not the first time, though, for me, either. I am starting to think they are actually having a hard time getting product.
Oh, and I just realized the other times this happened, they extended my Prime. That has now happened at least six times, now, according to my read on my renewal date.
So, I guess I cannot really complain.
That used to be the standard policy when someone called in about a Prime order that wasn't delivered on the date they were told. You didn't even have to ask for it. The CSA's were supposed to just tell you that they were doing it for you. From what I understand, they don't extend Prime by default any longer. Mind you, this happened around the same time they raised the price on Prime. Bezos is going to need money for his divorce, I guess.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
This is a sore point for me, so here comes a rant! Apologies in advance......

I order A LOT from Amazon and have had headaches with timely deliveries for a year or so now--prior to that, absolutely no issues. In fact, I had to request a $3.00 refund just today for release date delivery (yesterday) shipping on a package (it arrived today). It seems to be a problem with getting the packages to the carriers late. In the case with the package yesterday, I ordered it early Monday morning and they shipped it around 6PM via USPS. Even I can figure out that the USPS is not going to deliver an Amazon package overnight.

I've been shopping with Amazon since 1999 and what was always an advantage to using them was reliable delivery dates. If they said it would be there, it was! It seems, at least in my case, that reliability has fallen completely away. In addition, their prices have gone up almost across the board. Since, at least to me, the reliable shipping factor is gone, I might start throwing some of my business to other etailers. To heck with Bezos' alimony!

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me

I order A LOT from Amazon and have had headaches with timely deliveries for a year or so now--prior to that, absolutely no issues. In fact, I had to request a $3.00 refund just today for release date delivery (yesterday) shipping on a package (it arrived today). It seems to be a problem with getting the packages to the carriers late. In the case with the package yesterday, I ordered it early Monday morning and they shipped it around 6PM via USPS. Even I can figure out that the USPS is not going to deliver an Amazon package overnight.

I've been shopping with Amazon since 1999 and what was always an advantage to using them was reliable delivery dates. If they said it would be there, it was! It seems, at least in my case, that reliability has fallen completely away. In addition, their prices have gone up almost across the board. Since, at least to me, the reliable shipping factor is gone, I might start throwing some of my business to other etailers. To heck with Bezos' alimony!

Are all or most of your order delivery times critical? Sounds like that's the case.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Most of my Amazon delivery issues, and there haven't been many, started when they began rolling out their own delivery service in Phoenix almost 2 years ago. When they were only using USPS and UPS, I rarely experienced late shipments. They've become a lot better, but 99% of the time when I have a problem delivery, it's on one of Amazon's *own* trucks.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Most of my Amazon delivery issues, and there haven't been many, started when they began rolling out their own delivery service in Phoenix almost 2 years ago. When they were only using USPS and UPS, I rarely experienced late shipments. They've become a lot better, but 99% of the time when I have a problem delivery, it's on one of Amazon's *own* trucks.

My current issue aside, all of my problems with their delivery have been with their own delivery service. If they use USPS or UPS, it's fine. But their own service, especially around the holidays, is just awful. Between my wife and I, Amazon lost ("undeliverable") 5 packages between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and many others were late. My understanding is that Amazon's delivery service is like Uber - you sign up to drive, you can even use your own car or van, and you get paid by the number of packages you deliver. It's clearly a system that doesn't work, and it has tarnished the Amazon name.

Are all or most of your order delivery times critical? Sounds like that's the case.

Sounds like he's paying for a delivery service that he's not getting. What difference does it make if it's critical?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
My current issue aside, all of my problems with their delivery have been with their own delivery service. If they use USPS or UPS, it's fine. But their own service, especially around the holidays, is just awful. Between my wife and I, Amazon lost ("undeliverable") 5 packages between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and many others were late. My understanding is that Amazon's delivery service is like Uber - you sign up to drive, you can even use your own car or van, and you get paid by the number of packages you deliver. It's clearly a system that doesn't work, and it has tarnished the Amazon name.

Sounds like he's paying for a delivery service that he's not getting. What difference does it make if it's critical?
We’ve never had an Uber delivery from anyone. We are seeing Amazon Prime Mercedes Vans doing deliveries. No problem so far.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I currently have a late delivery from Amazon. It was supposed to have been delivered last Friday. I got the notification and a "We're working with the shipper to get things back on track." message with a "Check back after Friday if it's not here and we'll help.". Funny thing is, UPS shows all that's happened so far is a label got created. Their tracking shows they've never received the package from Amazon. This is the first thing in several years that I've had shipping issues causing a "late" delivery. Everything else has been shoddy packaging causing stuff to be damaged.

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Yes, I time many of my shipments for a variety of reasons, but most are critical. I receive most of mine via UPS, USPS, or FedEx. Like Howie, most of mine seem to get to the carrier late these days as the cause for the missed dates.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks