What's new

Alias Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But that's the thing: Anna's doubling of Sydney has forced Sydney to be in position to assume her place in whatever the Rambaldi prophecy has to unfold. Anna-Syd wasn't going to be the real deal, so Rambaldi's prophecy wasn't going to have the right catalyst that Sydney represents now.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It looked like Anna arrived in Nepal only a few minutes before Sydney, on the same plane. I guess it's possible that Sydney didn't see Anna -- maybe she was wearing really big sunglasses and a hat -- but, eh....

And then Anna goes for the flashy explosion instead of the bullet in the head. At least Sydney is finally learning from her mistakes. Like not trusting Sloane any more. Finally!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Finally saw this recent episode. I had similar thoughts about who the Big Bad is and what does Anna/Syd's death mean. Perhaps the page 47 image of what looks like Syd has a very Star Wars type of symbology. Anakin was to bring order to the Force, so without out and out saying it, Syd will realize the Prophecy of page 47 similarly.

I am also wondering if the Big Bad could be a character we saw in the past only once or twice, IIRC, a certain former Bond actor.

A good fast paced episode. I kept wondering when the real Syd would show up and help Vaughn. Not exactly the warm and satisying reunion, but this is the crazy spy world of Alias. Thought Anna's demise was rather quick, but they had to get to it quickly with so few shows left. Definitely a feeling of rushed wrap ups.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
Page 47 prophesizes that Sydney will Take down a World Power right? Why does every character in the show think that means She'll take down a Government? They keep establishing that Prophet 5 is a HUGE Power with ties all over the world, with hands in pockets everywhere that has apparently been around for a long long time. I just think it's funny that this never occurs to the characters hehe.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Scott Evil: What? You're not gonna kill him?

Dr. Evil: No, I'm just going to assume it all went to plan.

:)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, at least the final hour of Alias is 24-free for next Monday.

Always wondered where Peter Cushing went, now I know. (sarcasm)

Tom's subplot wasn't all that interesting, but Rachel has a strange idea of "date night".

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm bummed about Alias clashing with 24 too. Any day of the week, 24 wins the decision for me but it's a bummer that I won't get to see the finale in HD. And I don't want to watch the second episode (after 24 ends) without seeing the first episode of the night. Maybe I'm too anal. :)

I know it's because the series is ending and because the episode order was cut by five but it's crazy how fast some of these plots are wrapping up. They killed Nadia, Renee and Anna, made Sloane a bad guy again, ended the Sydney doppleganger plot, ended Tom trying to find his wife's killer, and pretty much got all the Rambaldi pieces together in the last three (or so) episodes.

I loved Sark's cellmate's line "Help! The beautiful man is dying!"

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
So the guy n the dungeon was Rambaldi?
What does the amulet have to do with the big red floating ball from a year ago?
I'm confused.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Nothing that we know of. The amulet is supposed to be used in fulfilling the Page 47 prophecy & bringing about Rambaldi's greatest work. The prophecy:

This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks, signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works: bind them with fury, a burning anger. Unless prevented, at vulgar cost, this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation. This woman, without pretense, will have had her effect, never having seen the beauty of my sky behind Mt. Subasio. Perhaps a single glance would have quelled her fire.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just happened to catch Jennifer Garner on Letterman, and she's a sweetheart, and very lively, and she's an unabashed supporter of her hubby's directorial prowess.

She did say that they knew by last Thanksgiving that it would be the last season for Alias, and it allowed them to tie up the loose ends by the end of the season (but she didn't comment about the cut down in the number of episodes after coming back from her maternity leave).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
She does seem like the type of person who is actually nice (as opposed to people who seem to fake it because their publicist told them to) and considers herself lucky for the sucess that she's had. Or maybe she's just tricked me. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There have been stories of Garner's generosity towards the crews working long hours (having pizza sent to feed the crew, etc.), I'm sure she's a classy person to work with/for.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking the exact same thing when watching her on Letterman. She just seems so genuine and down to earth which is quite refreshing in a culture that worships garbage like Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton and Britney Spears. Ugh!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member

Agreed, also saw her on Leno shortly before she gave birth, where she was very much the same. Too bad Letterman had to make time for the other guests. I was amused by Letterman's comment to Lynn Chaney when she sat down about how attractive Garner was.

It will be interesting to see where her carreer goes now.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
There was a interview with Jeff Pinkner on NPR Saturday and he mentioned Garber and Rifkin are on other TV shows this fall. I can't recall which one Garber is on, but Rifkin is going to be on Brother and Sisters, the new Calista Flockhart show.

He also mentioned Sloane will get the ultimate comeuppance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks