What's new

Adjusting HD input's overscan on Mits WS-65905? (1 Viewer)

Brian Steeves

Second Unit
Not sure if this is the right area or not but here we go...

Last night a friend of mine and I did an exhausting geometry, convergence and overscan job on my 65905's NTSC side. The result was wayy better than what I had before.

This morning Time Warner brought me a HD cable box. When we switched to the HD input the geometry, convergence, and overscan was wacked! I just bought this set used last Saturday. The previous owner never had a HD feed of any kind so I'm sure she would never have know it was out.

I had planned on doing the same process we did last night to the HD side of the set tonight. But...

What I'd like to know is how does one adjust overscan for the HD input without any kind of test pattern?

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Brian, you either guess, try with strings and a template (assuming the grid lines up), or use a signal generator.

See you in April ;-)

Gregg

Jerry Dreiss

Stunt Coordinator
Kinda makes you wish for the old days when TV stations broadcasted test patterns in the wee hours.

Would a progressive scan DVD player attached to the port your using for the cable box do the trick?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks