What's new

Ace Ventura (1 Viewer)

Jack_F

Stunt Coordinator
What happened with this DVD? 1.33:1 and not reissued since September 1997?

This one is begging for an SE...

-Jack

Steven Sims

Stunt Coordinator
Kinda off topic. I have HBO Latin included in my digital cable package. I watched some of Ace Ventura in Spanish the other night. Man, that was hilarious. I feel sorry for the guy who had to try to dub Jim Carrey in Spanish.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Does the Region 2 have anything on it? The commentary on Ace Ventura is good and mentions many deleted scenes. Ace Ventura 2 is barely a movie, but it definitely has many scenes that are hysterical.
I wouldn't bother waiting for a re-release though. I think I asked about this in the last Warner's chat and they said, "Is there really that much demand for OAR of flat-screen comedies?" (meaning comedies shot in 1.85). Actually, I have to agree with them that there isn't any real demand. Maybe if there was suddenly a Jim Carrey renaiisance. At least Liar Liar is available in a sweet DVD.

Drew Mertz

Stunt Coordinator
I too, would like to see a reissue of Ace Ventura! I have a tape of the original airing on NBC and it contains about 8 added scenes, really good stuff. One scene has a bit more with cannibal corpse that has Ace onstage with them and stage diving, now that was a great scene. But than again what can you expect from Tom (when in doubt cut-it-out) Shadyac. To think how funny Ace and Liar Liar could have been. had he left a few scens in. A huge mistake cutting the opening court room scene in liar liar.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't bother waiting for a re-release though. I think I asked about this in the last Warner's chat and they said, "Is there really that much demand for OAR of flat-screen comedies?" (meaning comedies shot in 1.85). Actually, I have to agree with them that there isn't any real demand. Maybe if there was suddenly a Jim Carrey renaiisance. At least Liar Liar is available in a sweet DVD.
That is excatly the kind of attitude which I don't like )the studio's attitude). IMO, it doesn't matter weither a movie is a flat-screen comedy, a B-movie, etc, all movies need to be released in its OAR. IMO, if Ace Ventura is re-released on DVD in its OAR, I believe that the OAR version would sell good. I would buy it again just to have the movie in OAR & not pan & scan.

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
I think you'd find a fair number of fans, such as myself, who haven't purchased Ace Ventura simply because it's not in its proper aspect ratio.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
It's probably one of my most revisited LASERDISC (OAR) titles. Would EASILY upgrade to an OAR DVD.

(That's a big "me too".)

C

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Ace isn't the only comdedy I haven't bought because it wasn't in OAR. Not just from Warner, but other studios. Ace Ventura, Happy Gillmore, Grumpy Old Men, are just a few that come to mind.

OAR = $$$$$$$$. It doesn't matter if it's comedy, drama, horror, I want OAR!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Count me in as a holdout for OAR. Didn't buy Ace Ventura or Liar Liar when they were first released on non-OAR DVD. When they finally released the CE of Liar Liar, in OAR, I jumped in. Still don't have AV. Please Warner, consider releasing this movie in OAR. You release AV2 in OAR, why not the original?

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still holding out on Ace Ventura because of no OAR. I hold out on Liar, Liar and bought it when CE came out, I'm still holding out on Happy Gilmore, Sudden Death, and Police Academy, actually when are they going to release all 6!!!!!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I'd really buy Ace ventura and Liar Liar if they'd make a Extended Edition, incorporating all these great deleted scenes I'm hearing about back into them.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
What I can't understand is that Warner released Ace Ventura on DVD in Region 1 in Pan & Scan in 1997 but Warner released Ace Ventura on DVD in Region 2 in Anamorphic Widescreen in 1999.

Another thing is that Warner released Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls in Anamorphic Widescreen in both Region 1 (region 1 also contains Pan & Scan) & Region 2.

So if Warner can release Ace Ventura on Region 2 in OAR, Warner can sure re-release Ace Ventura on DVD in region 1 in OAR.

I am very passionate about Ace Ventura. Ace Ventura was the very first Jim Carrey that I saw & it was the first Jim Carrey DVD that I brought. Ace Ventura is a very funny movie & it is one my favorite Jim Carrey movies. I really want this movie in re-released on DVD in Region 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks