What's new

A/V reciever with Processor IN/OUT (1 Viewer)

captainbk

Auditioning
Real Name
Blair Kunka
My old Pnasonic SA-HE200 av reciever died today after 7 years. I am looking for an av reciever that has a processor loop to allow the use of a graphic equalizer and a mixing board to interface my electronic drums
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
into the music mix. Anyone know if they are even available? I know if I went with a seperate pre-amp and amplifier system I could do it but I am not sure I want to go through the expense.

Comments and suggestions welcome

captainbk

Auditioning
Real Name
Blair Kunka
Just a note, I found a used replacement for $169 on ebay. Not the long term solution but I at least will not have to re-engineer my system.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

'Fraid not. The processor (or tape monitor) loops didn't jibe well with DVD players and other digital components, so the manufacturers have eliminated them. Most people use digital-only (optical or coax) connections for such components. The problem was that on modern receivers the analog and digital signal paths are totally separate. So when the tape monitor button was engaged, the DVD player lost all audio. Or, if the analog connections were added to utilize something like an equalizer, the audio would stay on, but default to Dolby Pro-Logic (which is an analog process).

Bottom line, now you're going to have to connect an equalizer between a pre-amp and amplifier. If you don't mind used gear, a viable option is an older Yamaha flagship or near top-of-the-line receiver. They have jumpers between the front-channel pre-amp and amp that you can unplug to connect an equalizer. You can get something like the RX-V1 in the $500 range on eBay, or the RX-V3900 for even less.

Regards,
Wayne

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks